Texas Open

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

efgee

Forum Member
May 20, 2001
Sydney, australia
It's not very often that I have a bet on the outrights but this week Cameron Beckman available at 50/1-75/1 MUST BE BACKED.

Consider the facts :

Cameron tied 10th last week, equalling his career best.

He finished 14th in Texas last year, his best finish of the year.

And finally this quote from last weeks tournament, "Beckman has never finished higher than 10th on the PGA TOUR, but he came to Laurel Valley in a good frame of mind having had rounds of 61-62 last week at his home course in San Antonio -- LaCantera, site of next week's Texas Open."

Enough said !!!!!

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Totally agreed !

2 quick matchups - to oppose Nobilo this week - he has missed his last 5 cuts and both times he has played here
Have taken Watts and Edwards over him both at -130 at Camelot

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Nice heads up on rounds at Texas Efgee. Thank you.
Got a long one I'll be looking at also once lines are set.
Couple early ones @ Camelot
Hass -115 over Stankowski
Beckman +100 over Kaye

Ian: Cascade has Beckman @ -116 in Stank match.They go to 15 cent lines on Wednesday.
Have been pleasantly surprised by them as they were 1st up with matches on monday out of my outs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Preview & outright plays:

It's Ryder Cup week without a Ryder Cup, so the Texas Open has the opportunity to re-assert itself on the PGA Tour and try to reclaim some of its previous prestige. It is fifth oldest event on the Tour and has a star-studded roll of honor. That is, until 1972 when the tournament was moved from its spring date on the schedule to late fall. The move from Oak Hill to La Cantera in 1995 and the scheduling of the event in Ryder Cup week only accelerated the decline. The purse offered for this event became one of the lowest on Tour and officials struggled to find a sponsor for this year's event after Westin ended their involvement. There will never be a better opportunity to arrest that slide ... next year the event is once again played in Ryder Cup week.

While six American Ryder Cup players adjusted their schedules to play in last week's Pennsylvania Classic, only three have done so for this event, though Jesper Parnevik is another who would have been at the Belfry. They have added a small boost to a very weak field. Just one player in the top-10 of the World Rankings or the Official Money List (David Toms) is present this week and just one other player from the top-20 of both lists is on view. The field is predominantly comprised of players who need to play to secure their Tour card for next season.

The course that they play was modified significantly for last year's event. Two par-five holes were reduced to par-fours, both at 474 yards, and the fairways were narrowed. Accuracy is paramount on this undulating course, but just as important will be the greens. They may be among the largest on the Tour, but more importantly, it will be the first time in several months that the players will be putting on Bermuda greens. The change will favor the Southern state players.

The three selections this week are David Toms, Bob Estes and Larry Mize. Toms is the class player in this field. Apart from winning the PGA Championship, he won the Compaq Classic of New Orleans earlier this season on Bermuda greens and will finish in the top-15 of the money list for the 3rd consecutive season. He has had a light schedule since winning in Duluth and should go close on a course on which he has finished in the top-20 on each occasion.

Until this year, Estes' only Tour win had been in this event in 1994 at Oak Hill. When he won in June in the St. Jude Classic it was the first time that he had even finished in the top-5 of a Tour event since the 1999 Buick Open. With a renewed confidence in his game, he has secured top-10 finishes in his last two events, including 2nd in the Canadian Open. His previous form on this course may not be very impressive, but he is playing better than he has done for years and would be a very popular winner in front of his local crowds.

The final selection is very speculative. Mize had had a season to forget before last week: he had missed 10 of 19 cuts and his highest finish had been 35th. It was no wonder he took a six-week break! However, he admitted to having tinkered with his swing after his opening 73 last week and the effect was immediate. He finished 67-67-65 to secure 2nd place and give himself a chance of finishing in the top-100 of the money list for the 20th consecutive year. As long as the swing changes and the new-found confidence remain intact, he has a decent chance of revealing the absurdity of his odds.

Outright plays:

David Toms to win 14/1 e.w. @ Victor Chandler, Bet365 or Sporting Odds
Bob Estes to win 33/1 e.w. @ Stan James [5 places option]
Larry Mize to win 125/1 e.w. @ Bet365

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
72-hole plays:

Scott Dunlap to beat Brad Elder +100 @ Camelot
Both players have struggled of late, having missed their last three cuts. They were in the same event and on all three occasions, Dunlap finished closer to the cut line than Elder. He also has a good record on this course having finished in the top-20 on three of four occasions, whereas former Longhorn Elder was a long way from the cut last year on his only visit

Fred Funk to beat David Gossett -105 @ Camelot
Gossett is another former Longhorn with a poor record on this course. He has missed the cut on both his previous visits with non of his rounds under par on this easy course. He did win the John Deere Classic and finish 5th in the Air Canada Championship, but he has been poor on the main Tour otherwise and is opposed with a player who has a decent record on this course in the past few years and has been in very good form since finishing 3rd in the Air Canada Championship

Joel Edwards to beat Frank Nobilo -150 @ Camelot [2 units]
Nobilo is definitely one to oppose this week. He has missed the cut on both visits to La Cantera and in each of his last five events. Definitely worth the chalk to back a player who won the Air Canada Championship earlier this month

Brian Watts to beat Frank Nobilo -130 @ Sportfanatik
Watts may not be in the same form as Edwards, but with a top-10 finish here last year and with just one cut missed in his last ten events, he should easily beat the Kiwi

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
Cheers Stan - well those lines against Nobilo sure have moved from the -130 this morning!
Also like Estes this week and 33/1 is a generous price

Efgee - also like Beckman this week but bookmakers seem to be alert to him best price 80/1 Bluesquare - should have kept your powder dry til the prices came out in full

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ormond80

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
charlotte, n.c. usa
A push last week. Those are rare in 72 holes.
Maruyama and Cook.

Texas Open 72 hole matchup:

Roberts -125 over L. Mattice
Beckman -110 over Stankowski

Happy Gaming!

Cartman88

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Gold Coast Australia
Hi Guys,

It has been a busy couple of weeks at work and with all the sports happening at the moment (AFL NRL NFL MLB ....) I haven't had much time to look at the golf.

I like a few of the matchups listed above and seeing as the Camelot lines have already been hammered I was pleased to see GC Sports still had some reasonable value on offer.

I am playing the following:

Beckman -120 vs Stankowski
Watts -130 vs Nobilo
Browne -120 vs Gossett

smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Grand Central's pairing of Watts (-125) v Nobilo definitely looks a mismatch.
Nobilo has missed his last 5 cuts and the 2 over course and distance. Watts hardly spectacular has at least only missed one cut in the last 10 and finished 9th here last year.
I know Nobilo has suffered from eye problems in the past.... if his optician reads this page.... can you confirm if he is having another problem now?

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Buck: I slept thru one too.Waited past my bedtime on Camelot to line their secondary matches to get 1st shot at Riegger matchup that never came.Get up early am only to see him listed @ -200. Would be curious to know what opening line was.
He again finished in top 25 last week and had top 20 at this couse in 98,his only appearance.Quietly sits in top 20 in total driving and ball striking.Believe his days of obscurity or over as he received a little ink in a few places this week and Sportingbet dropped him from the 100's in outrights to 66/1.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
outrights
Jay Haas to show @ Oly 12.5/1
Two 2nds and a 5th here last 5 years and in excellent current form.

Looked for show only odds @ oly and betworld on Riegger and Beckman but not to be found.Like Stans play on Mize also especially with this track being reduced to par 70 last year.

Noticed Oly has started a golf pool which looks like it could be fun.

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
DTB
Was also waiting for the Riegger bet and somewhat disappointed at -200, howver Simon the Bold have just put out their matchbets and will have to take him against Stankowski instead at -110

Might have a little dabble on the Oly pool too

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Thanks for update Stan. I noticed they have taken Cabrera down from interactives also?

Ian I like the $5 pool. Right in my ballpark
smile.gif

adding 72 hole @ Camelot
Forsman +100 over Simpson