Texas/Tech Game

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

atmswim

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2005
Rob....what are your thoughts on the Tech game this week?

I think Tech blows Texas out this week. Especially after last weeks loss to KSU and Texas almost getting beaten by KU. I don't think the Texas defense will stop the Tech offense and the Tech defense should make enough stops to win by a couple of TDs.

Plus....Tech hates Texas!

Also, Tech lost 52-20 last year......REVENGE!!!

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I'm not sure what to think. Tech is really hurting with injuries right now. Their two best cover and tackling corners are out. I believe they will be back but at this point I don't know. 2 of their best receivers are out and won't be back. The receivers aren't as big of a deal as the two DBs but it's still depth.

Texas has sucked this year! They've sucked but yet they've only lost two games. It seems like a long time ago but they did go to Stillwater and beat OSU. How they did that I don't know but they have talent and 7 is a lot of points.

Stats wise this has Tech written all over it but I still worry. Texas big problem on D is that they just can't tackle. That's not typically something you can change in one weeks time.

I told myself all week I wasn't making a play on Tech vs. KState and damnitt if I didn't read and hear too much and ended up playing it. IMO Tech is a good play here if the two DBs are back.(Douglas and Porter) If they're not back I won't be playing it. Tech's D looked like the gas tank was empty in the 2nd half this past week. Hopefully practice goes well and the boys are dialed in.

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
I'm all over Tech regardless of the Red Raiders injuries. Texas can't tackle a pee wee team. This will be a freight train beatdown! Tech rolls.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I hear ya about laying off Tech this week. Looks too easy. Good luck whatever you decide. :toast:

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
Tech has the kind of offense that Texas struggles to stop. Add to that, Tech's defense is pretty good. Texas is a complete train wreck right now. They were incredibly lucky to beat KU last week, and I was all over KU last week. Guys, I'm telling you, I live and breath Texas football. This won't be close. Texas won't win another game this year.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Joe, looks like your boys are feeling the loss of those players. Might be a good time to go against them.

"We're a tired football team," Patterson said. "We were tired [Saturday] and I think we're still tired."

"We're trying to get to one more ballgame where we can get that extra practice."

"I think there are guys who screwed up, guys got tired, and I think guys don't know how to fight through"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Tech has the kind of offense that Texas struggles to stop. Add to that, Tech's defense is pretty good. Texas is a complete train wreck right now. They were incredibly lucky to beat KU last week, and I was all over KU last week. Guys, I'm telling you, I live and breath Texas football. This won't be close. Texas won't win another game this year.

hopefully they fire Mack Brown after the season is over :toast: sick of best recruiting class and not even in the hunt for Big 12 Title much less National Championship...with that said I am probably playing the over

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Joe, looks like your boys are feeling the loss of those players. Might be a good time to go against them.

"We're a tired football team," Patterson said. "We were tired [Saturday] and I think we're still tired."

"We're trying to get to one more ballgame where we can get that extra practice."

"I think there are guys who screwed up, guys got tired, and I think guys don't know how to fight through"

I posted last week that I was waiting for a high total to take the under and still didn't take it. I knew that was the play but still believed OSU would play their third stringer. Well that didn't happen.

Coach Patterson didn't come right out and endorse it, but I know he's hoping the game gets postponed until a later date due to bad weather. TCU may be down to their 3rd string QB this week. Boykin hurt his knee last week, but no one really knows to what extent yet. Our best CB, Verrett is also hurt.

It's not the weekly grind of better competition though. It's all the off the field loses that's hurt this team. TCU has lost the equivalent of a complete starting offense and defense. It's unreal they've won any games this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg