Texas vs TT

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

zebbers

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2006
NE Ohio
www.betweenthepages.us
Thoughts? I'm taking Texas -11 +102
They spanked TT earlier this year and even though TT has a relatively decent home court advantage, Texas hasn't been a slouch on the road either.

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
I agree with the sentiment about UT. I just always cringe about playing a road dd favorite.

Dayad, any other info you got on Tech? I've played against them quite a bit this year. They rarely seem to put together two good games in a row.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

goldenmonkey

Go Cats!
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2005
where are you getting it at +102 for?

i like texas as well... tech is just horrid. even at home, in a rivalry game, i still gotta go with UT

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
if utexas jumps out to a big lead, dont be surprised to see mike williams, connor atchley, abrams and anyone else on the bench barnes can find to get in the game. unlike in some of their previous seasons under Barnes, UTexas' bench is pretty weak. Barnes cant rely on the starting 5 to play 40 minutes in the tourney so he's got to get the young guys in the games ASAP to get them some PT before tourney time kicks in. that may not bode well if you're laying double digits.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

natethehorn

Forum Member
Apr 16, 2004
Austin
Those guys coming off the bench you mention would most likely be starting for tech. The red raiders have two legitimate players. It's just a down year for them. I expected this line to be closer to -15. Lay the points.

zebbers

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2006
NE Ohio
www.betweenthepages.us
Good point SDF, I still like em though for logic along the lines of natethehorn. UT has 7 players AVGing 15+ minutes a game. 4 players avging double digits with another at 9.5 versus TT with two players at 15+ppg which must be the two players nate was talking about. Their (texas) only freshman is avging 6PPG on 20minutes so even if he gets more playing time than usual I like it. They also have 3 sophomores that are decently producing. Lines down to -10...may wait for another move and hit it some more. TT lost by 34 the last game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Zebbers, I know what you mean. I had been using a theory that the Under is a little more likely in such games. This was considering if a team jumps out to a big lead, they are more likely to milk the clock in the 2H.

Yeah, that hasn't worked for me so well this year. In particular UConn had killed me a couple of times. They get a huge lead and are still running like crazy trying to post NBA-like #'s.

zebbers

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2006
NE Ohio
www.betweenthepages.us
Zebbers, I know what you mean. I had been using a theory that the Under is a little more likely in such games. This was considering if a team jumps out to a big lead, they are more likely to milk the clock in the 2H.

I like your logic there and that seems to be what I usually see, but I try not play those and don't really follow.<p/> The other side is that the public would assume a lower O/U anyways but then the underdog comes to play and tries to step up and scores a lot more. That's how I won the Richmond/GW over the otherday but I based that play on Richmond beeing not *that* bad with a decent ability to score and GW being a scoring machine. I don't see that here.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg