The BIG M tonight (Saturday 3-01)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Will have several plays at the Meadowlands tonight.

Have the evening free, so I'll be posting my plays as I get them capped. Will be handicapping all evening. Good luck to all :)

Racing Bankroll to begin the night ($1000)

Race 1. Meadowlands:

#6 PANCE DE LEON 8-1 Morning line

Playing $40 to Win and Place ($80)
$2 Tri Wheel 6 with 2 with all ($16)
$2 Tri Wheel 6 with all with 2 ($16)

Interesting notes concerning this horse....Looks like Mike Vanderkemp purchased this one from the Banca barn as he is also in the sulky and Noel Daley is now listed as the trainer. Dull effort 2 weeks ago, but now drops back down to a level he can compete at plus was given an extra week off. All combined, this one could wake up and be plowing down the stretch like a freight train. Is a slow starter, but has the 6 hole and should be able to hold getting away 6th or so as the horses outside of him do not have too much early speed. .....should hold at decent odds as well with the lesser driver of MV in the sulky....I'll take my chances.

More to come.....

Last edited:

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Race 1. recap: finished 2-6-3 (Raced very well, getting 2nd?Just missed the tri, but nailed a decent place price at $5.60 to squeak out a very small profit :) Also the one horse was scratched so only had $14 on each tri.

Bankroll to start 2nd race: $1004

Race 2. Meadowlands:

#1 SIR WILLIAM WALACE 5-2 Morning line

Playing $50 to Win and Place ($100)

A couple notes on this one:

Was qualified back on 2-21 after about a 3 month layoff so should be fresh. Qualified in 1.56 then on 3-1 they gave him another qualifier and went in 1.54.1. Raced 2 official races and shaved time in each of those as well. Looks to be improving in each start and has a ton of early speed and catches the pole position. Not many of the horses outside of him have much early speed, so look for this one to take the lead, control the race and never look back for an easy win! Should go off as the favorite.

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
race 2 recap: finished 3rd :( Tried to go gate to wire, but did not get any kind of breather during the race and gave it up late. Time of the race, a very quick 1.51 and change.

bankroll to start 3rd: $904

NO PLAYS in the 3rd.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Race 4. Meadowlands:

#5 MISTER DALE N 15-1 Morning line

Playing $6 to Win and Place ($12)

Notes: I expect this one to go off well into double digit odds. More of a "fun" bet on this one as I don't really know what to expect. From experience and what his lines and times look like in the book, it is possible for him to light it up, thus I'm tossing a few bucks on him. Was in the money 19 of 34 last year and was off 2 months from 1-11 to 3-14 which is the day he qualified in a very slow 158.3, but that time is a bit deceptive because the half went in 101.1 with 3 quarters time in 130.3 but what impressed me is the 26.4 that he closed the last quarter in. Should be interesting. Will have much value in his closing odds.

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
race 4 recap: went off at around 33-1 odds and finished well back, but I will follow this one up next time he races. Got away 2nd last but slid up the rail into about 4th at the top of the stretch but was trapped like a rat behind the dead in front of him. Still had horse left but no where to go. Might surprise at huge odds next time out...the program lines will look bad!

bankroll to start 5th: $892

No plays in the 5th

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Race 6 Meadowlands:

#2 MASTEROFHISDOMAIN 7-2 MORNING LINE

Playing $20 to Win and Place ($40)

Notes: A very wide open race, but this one does deserve a look. Does not have much early speed, so the 2 hole should help some here?.has not drawn inside for a very long time. Another little angle was that he was claimed 2 weeks ago for 50 g?s and has a very good trainer in Mark Harder. In his first start after the claim he got away 10th out of 10 starting from the 8 hole and finished 4th only 1 ? lengths back having a last quarter kicker in 27 flat?very impressive considering the half went just 56.2 when he was still in 10th. Also gets a drop into the non-winners class. Like I said, very wide open, but the 3 solid angles are worth a play on this one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
recap race 6: brutal first over trip did him in...finished out of the money :(

bankroll to start 7th: $852

Race 7 Meadowlands:

#5 REGENT HALL

Playing $20 to Win and Place ($40)

Race 8 Meadowlands ($147,020 Four Leaf Clover Final)

#2 HOLLYWOOD SAM 12-1 MORNING LINE

Playing $40 to Win and Place ($80)

No plays in the 9th or 10th

Jrdhorse

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Baltimore,Maryland
Nd I like the analysis at the Big M.

And the utter gonads of showing your bankroll status. I will be following and noting your selections. Because every once in a while I sneak over and take a shot on the Trotters as my racebook carries Meadowlands. Although I do not like like the trotters as much as flats I do play them lightly in exotic wagers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Jrd......rough night at the Big M tonight. A lot of bad trips and some bad capping on my part. Some good news though...a friend's horse "NOBLE CAM" did get 2nd in the $147000 Four leaf Clover race tonight at the Meadowlands!

Capped ponies long before sports, and one thing I did learn is to look beyond the normal stat stuff which is the stuff that gives you that edge in sportsbetting as well. Some $$ can be made...that's for sure!

Baseball's about a week away, so I won't be capping the ponies too much anymore...baseball just keeps me way too busy, but I guarantee I will be checking in from time to time to scope yours and the others info out! Always interesting to see what you got.

Good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg