The Black Cloud takes a break

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TheBlackCloud1

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Sunset Beach, Ca, USA
ytd: 14-9 +3.90 units
Yesterday - Got a lucky win with the Phillies that I probably didn't deserve. Lost another on the Angels that just flat out don't show up for some games. They are the most frustrating team I have ever followed. They had everything going their way but get taken out early and again late in a totally effortless adventure. Wasted a solid opportunity with Expos on parlay with the Halos and 3 teamer with Phils and Halos.
Today - Taking a break. I have found that when you make stupid moves with your selections, it affects your handicapping and ability to act with any semblance of intelligence. I think it is time to put baseball away for the season and concentrate on football. Of course, if Carl Pavano is going and the line is 175 or less, I might be tempted. Also, with the re-emergence of Bill Pulsipher. Good luck to all!

Houston Gambler

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Texas
Thanks for sharing this year BlackCloud.
I havn't played the bases very long(2nd year)but noticed a lot of players shut down about now.Last years research showed the dogs to be an edge this time of year.True or false from your experiance.

HG

TheBlackCloud1

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Sunset Beach, Ca, USA
Good point. My experience shows that in almost every sport, the farther into the season you go, the tougher it is to cap. Now others may disagree because it is also a time where some great values are found. But whether it is baseball, basketball or football, as teams fall out of the races and managers and owners start messing with the lineups, it becomes very hard to factor in certain things, tangible or not. I know some fairly high stakes basketball players that stop betting entirely after the Super Bowl. They feel that any value they had was dried up at that time. I think that every capper has a different feeling about this - mine is strictly from my viewpoint. Good luck to you - it is time for football.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg