The Black Cloud1 has 3 for Tuesday!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TheBlackCloud1

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Sunset Beach, Ca, USA
ytd: 13-8 +4.35 units
Yesterday - SF Giants won, not quite as expected, but a win is a win.
Today's Plays - Phillies -125
Angels -145
I have 2 strong plays for today's card. If I had to say which I liked the most I would go with the Angels and Ortiz.

The wager on Phillies is more of a wager against Met starter Rusch. This guy was highly thought of earlier in year, but something has happened. In his last 3 starts he has given up 12 runs in 15 innings. His MBA for those 3 comes up at 21.6, 23.62, 18.60. On June 6 the Phils bested him 6-1. Duckworth is a youngster with unlimited potential. I see a comfortable Philly win here at -150.

Ramon Ortiz is a road monster and it should not take too much to beat KC. Remember, the Angels are hanging in with a slim chance for a wildcard and they showed their mettle with an extremely improbable comeback win over the Yankees on Sunday. Ortiz has an overall era of 3.21. In his last 4 starts on the road he has pitched 31 innings and given up 8 runs - 4 games @ 2 runs per game. Earlier at Anaheim he went 7 2/3 innings ang gave up 6 hits and 1 run to these same Royals. KC hurler George has an overall era of 6.32 and home era of 5.94. In his last start the White Sox blasted him for 5 runs in 5 innings. Look for Ortiz to shut down KC. Take the Angels -145.

The 3rd play is just a lean at this time.
Leans - Not sure if I will pull trigger but Expo starter Vasquez has not given up a run on the road in his last 3 starts against SD, Arizona and Philly. He has pitched 3 times against Atlanta with 2 decent efforts. Millwood, pitching well, has nonetheless lost his 3 starts vs. Montreal. Unfortunately, the price is probably going to be in the 125 to 135 area in favor of the struggling Braves. I would like to see a higher price, but who wouldn't. I am also looking at the White Sox priced as possible dog versus Detroit. I think Mussina will handle the Blue Jays, but 220 is too high.

[This message has been edited by TheBlackCloud1 (edited 08-27-2001).]