The Cubs are done!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TheBlackCloud1

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Sunset Beach, Ca, USA
I have been a life long fan of Cubs and Angels. Obviously, I have plenty of free time in October. But thinking that the Cubs had an excellent chance to win Friday, only to see them play pathetically, I believe that they will not see first place again this year. Houston has already topped them; the Cards aren't far behind. Whenever I miscalculate, I try to go back and see where I failed (something I learned from betting ponies). When I took a more in-depth look at the Cubbies, I don't even understand how they have advanced this far. Pitching wins games (see Atlanta Braves last 10 years). But you need to score a few runs unless Drysdale and Koufax are your rotation (why Atlanta doesn't have alot of World Series rings). The Cubs boast one everyday player above .300 - Sammy Sosa at .305(4-4 k's Friday). The highly acclaimed Crime Dog checks in at .246. Baylor likes to use Todd Hundley's big bat against rhp. Todd is not hitting his weight. Cub rbi's last night came from Coomer and Patterson. Now, they get to see the Big Unit up close and personal. Please don't think I am a sore loser - I've lost far too many for that. But methinks that the Cubs have seen the top for the last time this year. And that actually makes me sad.