The Heritage

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
Same venue once again at the Harbour Town Golf Links. A short, tricky course where driving accuarcay is a must: Furyk, Gay, Weekley twice, Baddeley, Lonard, Cink, Leonard and Mr Harbour Town Davis Love III.
Luke Donald is the favorite but upon further review his Driving stats are very poor this season. He ranks 75th in accuaracy and watching his play the last few months he has been missing a lot of fairways and doing this at Hilton Head can result in trees, water and waste bunkers. Throwing him out.

I am taking one of the top 10 favorites and as Furyk and Kuchar are likely contenders their price at 16's is just too short. Instead I will side with Graeme McDowell at 28/1. He has not played here since 2006 but he is a different player at this moment. Graeme won a US Open at Pepple beach where accuracy was need as well as great ball striking for the small pebble beach greens. The greens at Harbor Town aren't much bigger. So I will take the Major Champion as my headline selection.
My next selection comes from that 2nd tier with odds 40-80. Two popped up: Fredrik Jacobson at 50/1 and Ian Poulter at 46/1. Fredrik is coming off of a t5 last week and has had some good starts at Hilton Head while Poulter hasn't played here for awhile and had mixed results. To me this course will suit a tradtional player such as Poulter. And Freddies short game is so good that if he finds some trouble he can make up for it on and around the greens.
The dark horses. Stephen Ames at 110/1 is an accuracy player and is getting his game back after two injury plagued seasons. He had a 3rd in Puerto Rico last months and boast tow top 10's at Hilton Head along with a t14 last year.
My last horse will be Mr. Carl Pettersson 170/1. Carl is from North Carolina so he's got that going for him. He also has a third and eight place finish here in the past. His game cooled off since contending at Kapalua but he's been working on some things and I know he loves this course.

Best of Luck

Recap

McDowell 28/1
Poulter 46/1
Jacobson 50/1
Ames 110/1
Pettersson 170/1

Dallasbetgolf

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2009
Van Pelt 30-1 win, 15-1 place, 7 1/2 show

Marino 40-1 win, 20-1 place, 10-1 show

Simpson 50-1 win, 25-1 place, 12 1/ show

Leonard 80-1 win, 40-1 place, 20-1 show

Good luck to all! These 1st time winners are killing me!

scrub

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2003
Grand Junction Colorado
Better late than Never.

Davis 60-1 40 units
Na 70-1 50 units
Love 80-1 40 units
Leonard 80-1 40 units
Snedeker 30-1 80 units

glta

Mommy and Daddy Miss you every day Kinsley Sky!!! You would have been six months old today.Have a Happy Easter in Heaven!!!!

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 1 play (2pts):

Francesco Molinari to beat Graeme McDowell -105 @ Bet365 [also available @ William Hill]
Wouldn't have touched Molinari in this matchup at the start of the year when McDowell was playing so well that he had a mathematical chance of being the new World #1 depedent on results at the Masters. However, an indifferent performance at the Cadillac Championship and missed cuts at both the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Masters suggests he may be opposable, particularly on a course on which his record is 70th, mc. Molinari is making his course debut, but this is a course that should suit his ball-striking skills - he is not long off the tee, but very straight and currently leads the European Tour in greens in regulation (and has been in the top-10 for that stat in each of the last three years).

[unofficial rd1 system play: Barnes tb Molinari +130]

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Outrights:

Aaron Baddeley(20/1) e.w.
- - Shaping the ball, short game and course form are all important at Harbour Town. Good Friday and Easter Sunday rounds to boot.

D.J. Trahan(100/1) e.w.
- - Humdrum.

Davis Love(100/1) e.w. 1st Round Lead
- - Picking the right market offers something of value.

GL

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
The Heritage

First Round matchup for 18 holes only @ 1:10 :

Two Units :

Matt Kuchar over Jason Day @ - 150. Won by 1.

Last edited:

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
scrub,

odds were win only at 5dimes, they have the best odds. they take them from betfair and update constantly

IX_Bender

Forum Member
scrub,

odds were win only at 5dimes, they have the best odds. they take them from betfair and update constantly

Consistently getting 20-60% higher payouts on futures bets. The bet I placed on the Heritage was a full 15x higher than my other outs. If youre betting real money, they are one of the best outs bang for your buck. Meaning if youre making a 20 dollar bet, dont be sweating it, but when the payout is a few thousand extra than yeah, Im shopping.

joz

Forum Member
Mar 29, 2005
new jersey
Henrik Stenson is brutal now........... barely breaking 80's in all his rounds now, wtf happened?? :142smilie :142smilie

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 2 play (4pts):

Jerry Kelly to beat Camilo Villegas +110 @ Bet365
Last time out in the Masters was only the second event this year that Villegas has survived a cut all season, but even then he finished last of the players that did play all 72 holes. He hurt his back early in the season and hasn't looked the player that he was since he returned. Sure enough, he shot 66 yesterday and now lies in 6th place, but he was 14th after rd1 of The Masters and struggled thereafter. He looks more likely to do the same this week than continue day one's form. Kelly is only one shot further back after yesterday's play and, given that only one player hit greens in regulation yesterday (Matt Bettencourt), he looks the more likely to play well today.

[unofficial rd2 system plays: Crane tb Villegas -133; Crane tb Haas B -125; Day J tb Simpson -125]

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
The Heritage

Second Round matchups for 18 holes only :

Two Units each :

Aaron Baddeley (+1/2) over Luke Donald @ + 114 (@ 1:00). Lost by 2 1/2.

Steve Marino over Marc Leishman @ - 135 (@ 12:00). Lost by 1.

Last edited:

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
was trying to fade cook and sindelar round 2.. sindelar had to quit after 4 today and cooks 'team' still shot 7 under :scared

Bet on MyBookie