the LEAFZ????

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
well, I have to say it, i'm quite happy with the way my LEAFZ are playing...
First of all, they are NOT playing the same style that they were playing in the regular season (duh, who does???)
why is this?
1) I have NEVER seen the LEAFZ block so many shots over the course of the regular season..now, they're blocking everything..!!!
2) Pat Quinn has broken up the BAYSTREET BULLIES line and now has a checker on each line, instead of putting all the eggs on the first line, thus balancing a checker with a scorer, with a playmaker...they didn't have that in the regular season.
3) They are hitting their opponents for a FULL game, finally, and they are finally putting in a complete effort for a FULL game.
(enuff said on this one.)
4) The SENS have lost their confidence, and scoring touch. (Ottawa should have buried atleast two of those open net shots....)
5) They are scoring the first goal...something they couldn't do in the last 15 or so games of the regular season.
6) and as usual, Curtis Joseph (our bread and butter..) has been standing on his head.

Now, i have my beefs. Yes, Mats Sundin has scored some important points in this series, but i can't help to notice that he hasn't seemed to change his "floating" style of hockey...i dunno, it's just getting on my nerves that's all..when i see him forechecking and then he skates away from the puck carrier without even attempting to get in their way...he never did like laying his body on the line.... but.....atleast he's blocking shots, which i have NEVER ever seen him do. Maybe he's finally turning into the captain that we've been looking for in the last 6 years.

but anywayz, things are looking good in LEAFLAND (Toronto, to all you foreigners in Germany...
biggrin.gif
)..and I'm gonna hold my excitement until after game three...when the Leafz take them out again in a barn burner of a scoring game.
until then, enjoy the rest of the games everyone. Time to hit the neocitrin
cool.gif

oh yes, by the way, i'm:
TORONTO-VIGILANTE

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
when did i give up on them...? can anyone quote my older posts saying that I gave up on them?? (i hope the posts didn't mysteriously disappear...) oppsss...don't wanna open another can of wormz... hahahahahhah
all i said was that they were playing like shit and that they had to beat the ISLES and CHICAGO to make the playoffs. (i had them for BOTH those games in the P.O.D forum).
Besides like i said, this is NOT the same LEAFZ team that we all saw in the regular season.
But thanx for the comments, Jmizeus.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by TORONTO-VIGILANTE (edited 04-14-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie