The legendary Earl Weaver

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Ran across this at another board and couldn't stop laughing. Old School Manager Earl Weaver at his best :mj07:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YKxf3OkpJc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YKxf3OkpJc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
LOL, thanks......

along with Leo.......two of the best :)

504x_durocher.jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
wtf happened?.....where are the characters that made baseball great?....

the dick mcauliffe batting stance?...the juan marichal high kick?....the ultra cool koufax.....bob gibson taking charge and putting guys on their asses if they got to comfy in the box.... the guys that hometowns would bleed for?....al kaline,yaz,brooks and frank,willie mays,clemente(and that howitzer of an arm)....

glad you posted this.....reminded me that i wasn`t always apathetic to baseball...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
the dick mcauliffe batting stance?...the juan marichal high kick?....the ultra cool koufax.....bob gibson taking charge and putting guys on their asses if they got to comfy in the box.... the guys that hometowns would bleed for?....al kaline,yaz,brooks and frank,willie mays,clemente(and that howitzer of an arm)....

gw...

another pitcher who put hitters on their ass was don drysdale...a real head hunter....

don't know if you remember this great pitching duel that took place in the 1960's where marichal pitched against warren spahn, who was in his early 40's at the time....each pitcher threw over 200 pitches in the game & it was scoreless for about 16-17 innings when mays hit one out against spahn to win it 1-0..it is safe to say that we will never see this again....

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
gw...

another pitcher who put hitters on their ass was don drysdale...a real head hunter....

don't know if you remember this great pitching duel that took place in the 1960's where marichal pitched against warren spahn, who was in his early 40's at the time....each pitcher threw over 200 pitches in the game & it was scoreless for about 16-17 innings when mays hit one out against spahn to win it 1-0..it is safe to say that we will never see this again....

yeah....i remember alot of it...remember spahn`s right hand man,lew burdette?....

i think my favorite old player was rocky colavito(with clemente a close second).....cleveland didn`t deserve him..they traded him for harvey kuehn....but the fans were smart enough to love the rock and despised the trade.......

i haven`t thought of any of this shit in years....:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RayFinkel

Registered
Forum Member
May 18, 2009
"Go fuck yourself" --Earl Weaver

:142smilie :142smilie

I laughed my ass off....THANKS!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg