The Lemieux Chick

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
I don't cap hockey so I have nothing to offer the NHL crew at MJ's, so I thought I'd drop a classic NHL story.

Years ago, I got comped two tickets to a Devil's game at the Meadowlands.
At the time, I'm dating a typical Staten Island club chick - big hairdo, not so big brain.
She's not a sports fan, never been to a game before, never even watched one on TV, so I take her with me.

The Penguins were in town.

During skate around, she points to a guy on the ice, and struggling to pronounce his name she says, "What's that guy's name? 'Lemmy-ux?' 'Lamooks?' "

I say, "That's Mario Lemieux, he's one of the best players in the game."

"Oh," she says, and goes back to glancing around the arena, taking it all in.

A few minutes later, she points to a guy seated a couple of rows away from us wearing Mario's jersey and says, "Look honey, what a coincidence - that guy's name is Lemieux, too."

True story.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I don't cap hockey so I have nothing to offer the NHL crew at MJ's, so I thought I'd drop a classic NHL story.

At the time, I'm dating a typical Staten Island club chick - big hairdo, not so big brain.
She's not a sports fan, never been to a game before, never even watched one on TV, so I take her with me.

During skate around, she points to a guy on the ice, and struggling to pronounce his name she says, "What's that guy's name? 'Lemmy-ux?' 'Lamooks?' "

A few minutes later, she points to a guy seated a couple of rows away from us wearing Mario's jersey and says, "Look honey, what a coincidence - that guy's name is Lemieux, too."

True story.
:facepalm:

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country

True story.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Double Two

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2001
Pelham, Alabama USA
Some years ago I was dating a "Rocket Scientist" as well. While watching a Football game on television together the BIG "D" along side the WHITE "Fence" signs were shown. When I asked her what she thought the signs meant her answer was, I swear to God......"D-GATE"???

Bet on MyBookie