The Limper NFL 2023-24 – Week 4

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

WillyBoy

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2018
Hawaii
Wacky season; wacky numbers, adding up to a data-based projection of 11 dogs covering in week 4. ELEVEN! WEEK 4! That’s saying 1 of 2 things: 1. Vegas line-setters are having a collective breakdown; or 2. my algorithm needs more work than I’ve given it. And it’s not like dogs are covering at a high rate; only a little better than 52% thru week 3, but the Vegas lines seem unreflective of reality. Or maybe I’m just crazy. GLTA

CYvHj87.png

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WillyBoy

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2018
Hawaii
The variables and weights used in ranking determinations is not something I’ve revisited in years, and I think a new look is overdue. By the end of the season, it usually is reflective of reality in the major categories, but Special Teams are always a pain to get right. Fussing with the algorithm, however, is more work than I’m willing to put into it now, so I’ll save that for the offseason.

IKAzzUm.png

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AimHigh

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2006
I might not understand your spreadsheet... If SU = Straight up ... why is Tenn, Hous, TB marked as a loss ? NYJ and NE marked as a Win. I must be missing something.

WillyBoy

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2018
Hawaii
SU win/loss refers to the model's SU pick. For example, Pittsburgh was the SU Favorite, but they played like crap and lost straight-up. At least model didn't like them to cover at -3, and picked the Texans ATS.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg