the marathon must go on....

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
mayor bloomberg insists that the nyc marathon must go on in spite of the devastation in n.y...and in spite of the fact that theres an election on tuesday....

taking generators away from freezing,hungry people to accomodate marathoners(they should be out there servicing people that desperately need them).............people can`t get gas,food or heat and shelter....not to mention the logistical issues involving readying polling places for tuesday`s historic election

he can`t postpone the race for a few weeks?.....it`s insane....i`m pretty sure the race goes right through some of the hardest hit areas....

getting these people`s lives back to some semblance of normalcy should be priority one...

it boggles the mind...:facepalm:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-residents-plead-for-help-3-days-after-sandy/

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
getting these people`s lives back to some semblance of normalcy should be priority one...

it boggles the mind... :facepalm:

I'm speechless.....seriously, what could he POSSIBLY be thinking?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
o.k....somebody came to their senses.....they just announced that the marathon has been either postponed or cancelled....

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
He's one of the good guys unlike bloomberg. Can't believe the mayor had to be pressured into cancelling and not thinking for himself. The police union and other political figures among many who wanted the race either cancelled or postponed. I know this race brings many dollars to the city but there's many people who still need help.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
He's one of the good guys unlike bloomberg. Can't believe the mayor had to be pressured into cancelling and not thinking for himself. The police union and other political figures among many who wanted the race either cancelled or postponed. I know this race brings many dollars to the city but there's many people who still need help.

well said,partner...

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
Bloomberg & the runners were getting killed by the bad press. I wish everyone a speedy recovery & please don't let them rebuild in high risk areas.

Bet on MyBookie