The Nutmeg Ticket 10/28/2005

MegaNut

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2005
YTD: 15-13 (.536) Net: $ +1.5

Goddamned Leafs burn me on a nice parlay - nobody ruins me more!!! BURN LEAFS BURN! :scared

Oh well - still went 2-1 and took a net gain, so I won't complain. + LIQUID LUNCH!

Here's the set-ups for the early games...

---------------------------------------------------------
PHI @ CAR

Carolina is 4-0 at home, and playing well, coming off of having beaten the Bruins in a close one, and also still the only team ( :cursin: Spezza!) to beat Ottawa. However, Philly had a nice comeback win last night against Luongo's boys, and Forsberg finally potted one, and I think the action's been building up and he's about to completely EXPLODE!!

MIN @ CBJ

Gaborik might be hurt, but Minnesota played well without him so far and tonight should be no different. Columbus beat Nashville, and they're a good team, but let's not forget that "perfect record" is not the same as it used to be - they woulda had a couple of ties too...

Not sure if Nash is playing, I'm assuming he's not - and Denis is still day2day with collarbone (that smarts!). Columbus spent a lot of energy coming back to beat Detroit, and I think that Lemaire will have the Wild well... WILD tonight - after losing to the 'Nucks and Chicago, MIN's #3 PP will be the difference against an undisciplined Columbus Crew...

WSH @ TBY

Washington not too strong on the road so far, are the 2nd most penalized team in the NHL, and have lacklustre special teams all around. Tampa has Marty St-Louis back on line #1, and hopefully their PP will finally kick into gear tonight. Like the chances on TBY (but definitely not the juice at -360!!!) :wtf:

BUF @ NJD

This game is almost a toss up between one team that's better than everyone thought, and a New Jersey team that's showing more weakness than they should - playing without Brodeur...

So far I like Buffalo's chances, they're pissed about losing to Washington (at least they should be) and they should be able to outskate NJ's D - I think dump & chase will win them the game

EDM @ DAL

Edmonton is riding a TERRIBLE streak of games, including a loss to colorado coughing up 3 goals in the last 7 minutes in what coach Mac called "stupid hockey". Dallas is stinking it up of late too. So much for coming into a good rivalry game - guess they're saving it for the playoffs - they'll have to make it first!
I think Edmonton will have more gusto coming out the gates, but don't know if they can keep it together - I'm staying off this game until further notice

STL @ ANA

Another toss up... Anaheim's PP finally woke up this week with 3 PPG in the last game, and they hope to get the better of STL, who's had a slightly better (but still not impressive) special teams showing. I just don't feel confident on either of these teams.

SJS @ LAK

San Jose is dressing it's #3 and 4 goalies tonight, as both Toskala and Nabokov are hurt. The Kings are earning their throne with 4 wins in their last 5 games. LaBarbera is hot at 5-0 and hopefully looking to snag a 6th in a row for the beach boys.

Early likes:

PHI -115
PHI/CAR O6 -135
MIN -145

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
\Leaner Parlay = [1 : 4.75] \
/PHI -1 1/2 /
\PHI/CAR O6 \
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GL EVERYBODY!!!

Last edited:

CHIN_3881

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
looks good, really think PHILLY is going to hand CAR their first home loss, GL tonight.

MegaNut

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2005
FYI: Dupuis probable for tonight for MIN

ALSO: Roenick ready to play, probable for tonight - Garon in net tonight - was thinking of a LAK pick tonight - the O6 EVEN might be a good pickup - I'll update later if I chose to take it...

Fuji

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2004
MIN looks good, I think CBJ is going with Prusek again tonight. GL tonight MegaNut

Bet on MyBookie