The Nutmeg Ticket 11/01/2005

MegaNut

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2005
YTD 18-18 NET: $-2

Not much change yesterday, just loss of coffee money haha :)

Here's some of the games I'm keeping an eye on - feel free to interject any opinions/info!

-------------------------------------
FLA @ MON [updated]

Habs have had a hard time beating the Panthers, including their last two meetings in "La Belle Province". Luongo is coming in after a night off, and playing for what "should" be Florida's easiest shot at a road victory before going back home (unless the "bad" bruins show up on Thursday).

Montreal will likely be without Bonk, and supposedly starting Theodore again, who was excellent last night, but might show signs of fatigue. Florida's PP isn't the greatest, but they've connected recently, and could be an achilles heel for the Habs. I have no clear winner here - but contemplating a U6 -135

----------------------------------------
CHI @ DET [updated]

I know, the odds are on Detroit - they're just so goddamned good. The pity in me says I want the Skins to get one in Hockeytown.

Not 100% on who's starting in nets for Detroit, but in theory it doesn't make an ounce of difference. Detroit should still smash Chicago, but this has the makings of one of those "it had to come sometime" upsets... (Penguins picks, anyone?)

------------------------------------------
MIN @ CGY

Another interesting matchup - the Wild is playing really solid hockey. I've watched a few of their games now, and I'm really impressed with their speed and discipline, and definitely one of the most opportunistic teams in the league right now...

------------------------------------------
NSH @ ANA

NSH EV pick right now, hope it goes up tomorrow - I like their chances on the bay right now...

---------------------------------------------------------
BOS @ NYI

With Garth Snow likely to start on the Island, and the Bruins maybe starting to show signs, and needing just a bit more effort and consistency (will help when they've got Zhamnov back too) have good chances.

New York hasn't won super-impressive games. They looked good against the Rangers, but haven't had any method to their madness. Yashin might be playing on the wing to try to get him going (and they made him captain - :weed: ).

I like Boston to win the game.

---------------------------------------------------------
RANDOM THOUGHT (till I finish doing my "homework")

Rick Nash might be playing tonight, which could throw a wrench into Edmonton's Goalie woes... I really liked Marty Prusek in Ottawa, and I hope he plays well in Marc Denis' absence.

Early Leans:

FLA/MTL U6 -135 :scared
NSH +100

Last edited:

MegaNut

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Fack... OK here we go...

I like the FLA/MTL U6 still

I like NSH +100 but Anaheim has been improving, despite running into injury issues... And Giggy is making me eat my feet cause I thought he was going to BLOW this year and he's doing very well for himself so far.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what people think of NSH [+1 1/2] -260 as I think even if Ana takes this game, it'll be close (I predict a shootout).

I also think I like CBJ +175, especially if Nash is playing...

I'm heading home - will update picks when I get in... in the meantime any feedback/warnings are welcome!

GL Cappers - let's go get PAID!!!!

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
MegaNut said:
I'd appreciate any feedback on what people think of NSH [+1 1/2] -260 as I think even if Ana takes this game, it'll be close (I predict a shootout).

QUOTE]

take this with a grain of salt from someone who is down 11 units on the season so far, but you have to be nuts to lay -260 for a +1.5 empty netters happen often enough that no way is this worth it. i like nashville to win, but even in a close game if nashville is down 1 with a minute or two left you definitely had the right side with +1.5, but you got an empty net for two minutes.

gl

Bet on MyBookie