over
Phil Mickelson (Tourn)

Lee Westwood (Tourn) +100
over
Phil Mickelson (Tourn)

Dizzayton

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Tournament Matchup Plays for Open: Fowler +115 over Garcia; Stenson -145 over Oosthuizen; Rose -125 over Oosthuizen; Reed -115 over Watson; Kuchar -130 over Watson; and Stricker -110 over Kjeldsen.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dizzayton

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Round 1 Leader: DJ 16-1; Day 20-1; Z. Johnson 72-1; Danny Lee 110-1; and Rahm 150-1.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Danny Willett (Tourn) +110
over
Phil Mickelson (Tourn)

Lee Westwood (Tourn) +100
over
Phil Mickelson (Tourn)

adding these

Jordan Spieth (Tourn) +115
over
Dustin Johnson (Tourn)

Jason Day (Tourn) -115
over
Dustin Johnson (Tourn)

Rory McIlroy (Tourn) -115
over
Dustin Johnson (Tourn)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matt Kuchar 70
With five top-6 finishes in his last six starts, Kuchar is a player back to his best and most consistent form - that makes him a likely contender this week, particularly as his links play has improved considerably over the years and he has two top-15 finishes in the last four years in this event and finished 2nd at Gullane in the Scottish Open last year. I'd price him in the 40-50 range so there is value here, particularly as the current weather forecast suggests that the wind should rise considerably on Friday afternoon.

LA Burns

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2003
New Orleans
want to go back through my record, know I'm coming off of 2 straight losses, one of them a bad blowout loss but don't remember the particulars.......

anyway, like the following for round 1:

casey +100 vs schwartzel

charl put some new sticks in his bag for this week, becoming the newest member of team Parsons Exteme Golf - thinking that he feels comfortable with the new clubs but there has to be an adjustment period i would think, there certainly was for other PXG golfers

love The Open, my fave tourney

gl - burnsie

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
The Open Plays

The Open Plays

I will be getting up early to watch, see ya off to bed:0028

ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP ADAM SCOTT +2015
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP SERGIO GARCIA +2555
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP DANNY WILLETT +6225
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP RUSSELL KNOX +8550
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP ANDY SULLIVAN +8050
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP DANNY LEE +8415

Made this Rose play way back before the back, now it is at +4050
ODDS TO WIN THE 2016 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP JUSTIN ROSE +2575

Round 1 Match Up
W SIMPSON (RND 1) -130 (T PIETERS (RND 1) vrs W SIMPSON (RND 1))

4 Rounds Match Ups
D WILLETT +105 (P MICKELSON vrs D WILLETT)
P REED -125 (B WATSON vrs P REED)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sports student

Forum Member
May 14, 2000
Sturgeon Bay WI USA
72 holes at 5 dimes:

Stricker -103 over Kjeldsen
Rahm -120 over Hoffman

1st round at 5 dimes:

Furyk +111 over Olesen/Clarke
Piercy +122 over Lovemark/Dunne
Woodland +125 over Morrison/Soomin Lee

LA Burns

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2003
New Orleans
want to go back through my record, know I'm coming off of 2 straight losses, one of them a bad blowout loss but don't remember the particulars.......

anyway, like the following for round 1:

casey +100 vs schwartzel

charl put some new sticks in his bag for this week, becoming the newest member of team Parsons Exteme Golf - thinking that he feels comfortable with the new clubs but there has to be an adjustment period i would think, there certainly was for other PXG golfers

love The Open, my fave tourney

gl - burnsie

14-6-3 ytd +7.80 units

another little tidbit about the play above -

Casy fired a 66 to tie for the 1st round lead in 2004 at Royal Troon - he faltered in round 2 and wound up in a tie for 20th but some good memories nonetheless and a slight experience edge over Charl who did not compete in The Open that year

as always, good luck no matter which golfers you choose

LA Burns

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Outrights:

Phil Mickelson(50/1) e.w.

Lee Westwood(45/1) e.w.

Branden Grace(30/1) e.w.

Rafael Cabrera Bello(100/1) e.w.

Padraig Harrington(125/1) e.w.

Matteo Manassero(200/1) e.w.

Alex Noren(100/1) e.w.

Thongchai Jaidee(175/1) e.w.

Ross Fisher(250/1) e.w.

Chris Wood(80/1) e.w.

Graeme McDowell(80/1) e.w.

Hideto Tanihara(66/1)(1/5 for 1-2-3-4) e.w. Top Rest of World

Soren Kjeldsen(66/1)(1/4 for 1-2-3-4) e.w. Top European

Jon Rahm(150/1) e.w. First Round Leader

Thongchai Jaidee(125/1) e.w. First Round Leader

GL

Edit:

1/28/16 Link:
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?596646-Farmers-Ins-San-Diago

Investing my winnings on Mickelson from last week:

Phil Mickelson(50/1) e.w. 145th Open Championship
Phil Mickelson(66/1) e.w. P.G.A.
Phil Mickelson(25/1) e.w. The Masters
Phil Mickelson(40/1) e.w. U.S. Open
- - In 2004 Mickelson repeatedly noted that Troon suited him best on the Open rota because all the way around you can strategically play to one side of virtually every hole and avoid the real problems which lie on the other side; utilizing his peerless short game when missing a green, and ready shotmaking when missing a fairway, he was indelibly engaged in the three-way battle that separated from the rest of the field. And the record shows what can happen now that Lefty gets to tune up for the Open on a links course instead of the bogs at Loch Lomond . . . I would have definitely concluded that the Open offered the best value in the majors for Mickelson this year if it wasn?t for the fact such surprising odds are being offered at Baltusrol where he has won before and will be played when he will surely be highly focused on a crammed schedule of majors while building toward the Ryder Cup . . . Although the 6-time runner-up surely wants the U.S. Open the most, IMO I would have to easily rate Oakmont as the least suitable major venue for Phil this season.

ODDS and ENDS:

(1) My play on Mickelson from January is actually enhanced IMO by his missed cuts in the year?s first two majors, but I don?t think his chances benefit from the exceptionally rugged weather forecasts for the coming days, or his late start during the exceptionally benign conditions on Thursday.

(2) The weather forecast which has prevailed all week has had me favoring certain players with suitable credentials . . . What my roster is lacking is Americans, and with Friday?s forecast I?m not too sure my in-running addition(s) will address that deficiency.

(3) Troon in 2004 was a beauty for me that started with Thomas Levet(80/1) tied for first round leader, Carl Pettersson(200/1) catching a small e.w. piece for first round leader, and Westwood(80/1) e.w. finishing 4th, plus an in-running play on Westwood(22/1) e.w. as Top European after playing with Tiger the first two days, and almost hitting a 12/1 e.w. in-running parlay on Els as Top ROW and Mickelson as Top American . . . My cleaning up with Westwood at Troon in 2004, along with having 150/1 e.w. on Westwood in-running at The Masters this year, must make me one of the few persons on the planet with very solid profits of 15 or so units on my 25 or so plays on Westwood in major championships . . . I didn?t think the most treacherous greens in golf would suit Westwood at Oakmont, and Sunday there proved a debacle. But I liked what I saw from Lee at Augusta, I liked what he brought to Troon in 2004, and he gets a further lean for his bad weather, links and driving credentials.

(4) Before the BMW International I posted, ?My record in the week after a major is way better than the week before a major.? Alex Noren(50/1) helped flip that trend last week, and I won?t pick up that winning marker.

(5) On Friday night of this year?s BMW PGA I started a post of ODDS and ENDS that I never finished (which I still have saved) and it would have stated, ?Liking Chris Wood for Troon, but might ?pop early.? WITHOUT A DOUBT my biggest regret in wagering at the end of this season will be ?What a stupid I am? for not having made the connection to place an in-running wager on Wood after 36 holes at Wentworth (the odds must have been 100/1 or 80/1) . . . I?m now expecting a WD for this week, and as of yesterday I heard him state his preparation has been "not what I wanted" (more or less non-existent, actually), but I'm letting him carry my cash nevertheless, to avoid further serious regrets . . . Ross Fisher offers several interesting angles to my way of thinking, but realistically I'd be tickled if he came through as a value loser.

(6) The worse the weather gets, the more I like my plays on Harrington, McDowell and Kjeldsen, and the less I like my plays on Cabrera Bello and Noren.

GL

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
Round 2 Match Ups

Round 2 Match Ups

A SCOTT (RND 2) -115 (A SCOTT (RND 2) vrs H STENSON (RND 2))
S PIERCY (RND 2) -135 (S PIERCY (RND 2) vrs J LOVEMARK (RND 2)