The Worst Coaches in Football

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I have watched just about every snap of every game. Doesn't help me betting-wise, as I am about .500. These coaches I will list in no particular order as the worst coaches in the NFL. Any arguments against or additions are welcome. I am going to keep this kind of short.

Cliff Kingsbury- Arizona Cardinals
Many were surprised when he was initially hired as he didn't have a great college coaching resume. This guy coaches a little too recklessly. He continually goes for it on 4th down. A couple of weeks ago he went for it on 4th and more than 1 FOUR times inside the RedZone and failed all 4 times. Not only that but Seattle brought pressure all 4 times disrupting the plays. There was no adjustment as the game progressed. LAST WEEK they were up double digits midway through the fourth quarter and continually throwing the football and stopping the clock. It is nice to be aggressive at times but they were inside their own 15. They gave the Saints the ball back in good field position and didn't take much time off the clock. Seem like an idiot head coach to me.

Mat LaFleur - Green Bay Packers
I know many will label me a hater but this guy is going to be out of a job shortly after Rodgers retires. I know he has a great regular season record but they have been FAVORED in almost every game they have played. The first red flag for me was when they traded up for QB Jordan Love. I know LaFail isn't the GM but it's widely known that he and Gute were planning the replacement of Rodgers and well that has backfired and they are feeling the effects of it now. Imagine had they moved up just a little more and drafted Justin Jefferson? We would be talking about back to back champs but thank God that didn't happen Regardless they spent the 2020 draft by getting Rodgers a potential replacement, a complimentary RB in DIllion and a third-round tight end who has done very little that was projected 5th round. Fairly dumb for a team who couldn't stop the run in the NFC Champ game against the Niners and well still can't stop the run to this day. Oh and they also needed a complimentary receiver opposite Davante Adams. No trade up for JJ and they let WR Tee Higgins slip. Much like this season they let WR Pickens slip for Watson.. Hooray!! The Second flag was when they lost to the Buccaneers in the NFC Champ game. Down 8 late he decides to kick a FG instead of go for the TD. I think they were at the 8-yard line but regardless they never got the ball back and anyone who makes that decision should have their coaching ability questioned. Third red flag was the offensive game plan against the Niners in last year's playoff game. I know Rodgers took some heat but they lost to a blocked punt. that was it. The coach should take some major criticism for that. Now lastly this season is almost lost for them but they refuse to give their best offensive weapon the touches he deserves and that's RB Aaron Jones. Well they have been doing their running backs dirty there for a long time now by padding Rodgers stats with 1-2 yard TD passes but they continually throw the football on third and short and I thought they brought in Dillon for short yardages. At any rate, Jones is a dynamic runner but has only 30 carries in the last 3 games combined. Once Rodgers is gone, well maybe even before, this team has dark

Frank Reich - Indianapolis Colts
he makes a lot of goofy moves. Game plan seems to be off and now this mess at qb he has fling is bizarre.

Kevin Stefanski - Cleveland Browns

passes when they are effective running. Runs when they are passing well. Loses the close games and his teams make big mistakes late

Nathaniel Hackett - Denver Broncos
Hackett is probably going to be a one and done coach. The opening night loss was totally on him. I know Russell Wilson hasn't done him any favors but the game plan is really pass-happy right. and when he had running back Javonte Williams healthy he had no clue how to use him. the team often looks like a disorganized mess.

Dan Campbell - Detroit Lions
I really like Dan Campbell, players seem to like them and I like his rah-rah attitude but be fair he costs in the game in Minnesota with his constantly going for it on fourth down. I know Detroit is in the process of rebuilding so he should get some slack. he needs to figure out his time management and just short up the little things a little bit better.

Doug Pederson - Jacksonville Jaguars
It's amazing that Doug Peterson won a Super Bowl for the Philadelphia Eagles and was fired shortly after. it's been widely known that they have won the Super Bowl in spite of Peterson's coaching. Jaguars have lost four in a row and the last three I put a lot on the coaching. He abandons the run way too early and his team is undisciplined.

Brandon Staley - LA Chargers
Not only did Staley call a timeout to end the season last year when the Raiders were simply going to run the clock out. He is another coach who continually goes forward on fourth down and misses. The team has too much talent to be where they're at. they should have been an easy playoff team last year and should be one this year but they're going to struggle.

Mike McDaniel - Miami Dolphins
Two weeks ago against the Vikings the Dolphins had the ball inside their own 15 with less than a minute left in the first half. only down seven to three they try to get into field goal range and throw an interception. The Vikings add a field goal before halftime. Now last week against the Steelers he has a chance to kick a field goal to go up two scores but decides to go for it and get stuffed. I always question coaches who decide not to go up by the two scores

Last edited:

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Is it too late to include Matt Ruhle? I laughed at the bidding war for his services between NYG & Carolina. Even going back to his Temple days, he simply did not understand the value of a Time Out. Sadly, it was a few games into this season before I noticed that BetMGM offers a wager on which team will call the first TO. I immediately started betting on Carolina each week. Went 3-1 before he got fired. The one coach who called a TO before Ruhle? Yup, Kliff Kingsbury.

Honestly, other than Belichick, you could include almost every NFL coach on this list. None of them seem to have a clue about how to manage in-game situations. I've seen a couple signs that Vrabel is ok, but then I've seen him do some really dumb things, too.

Ok, honorable mention to Kyle Shanahan. Despite being one of the few NFL coaches who seems to understand the value of the running game even in the pass-happy NFL, in really big games with a late lead, he oddly abandons the run game. Even when it's been effective. Go figure.

boomer1

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2008
Birmingham Al
Mike McDaniel - Miami Dolphins
Two weeks ago against the Vikings the Dolphins had the ball inside their own 15 with less than a minute left in the first half. only down seven to three they try to get into field goal range and throw an interception. The Vikings add a field goal before halftime. Now last week against the Steelers he has a chance to kick a field goal to go up two scores but decides to go for it and get stuffed. I always question coaches who decide not to go up by the two scores

He did the same thing Sunday night. Went for it instead of going up two scores. Got stopped and not a point was
acored in the second half costing Miami backers a cover. Oh and had to have an int in the end zone to hold off Pitt.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
most of these coaches are ATS losers as well. I will give Hackett a little slack for the game on Sunday. I mean the Jets had 2 offensive plays in the game. That was it. Denver's offense was that bad. They desperately need Wilson, as bad as he has been they win by 10 points last Sunday when he was in it.

Also for those who think the games are rigged. I have watched them all and if anybody got away with stuff was the Jets in Denver. Sauce Gardner is already a stud but he got away with 2 easy PI calls in the end zone. First half and with about 2 minutes to go in the game on a 4th down play. that was blatant. NO FLAG and 80% of the money was on the Jets with no Wilson.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
How is Harbaugh :shrug:not on the list??
Has MadJack viewed this

The only people that know Harbaugh sucks are people who watch the Ravens regularly, like Ravens fans. Harbaugh has no clue about in game situations. The most over-rated coach out there.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
How is Harbaugh :shrug:not on the list??
Has MadJack viewed this

when I wrote this it was in my head and I just forgot. Going for it against the Bills in a tie game late is insanity. You take the lead. That’s just one that pops out at me. That second half Dolphin game his defense got torched but they got the ball back still up two scores and they got pass happy and only ran off like 34 seconds which was key.

Later after I finish watching the games, I will add to the list but Frank Reich and Doug Pederson cost their teams wins yesterday. No way around it

ejthree

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
There will be a bidding war for Shaun Peyton next year and I hope my Chargers land him. He has indicated he would love to coach our kid...

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Later after I finish watching the games, I will add to the list but Frank Reich and Doug Pederson cost their teams wins yesterday. No way around it

Ron Rivera also tried like hell to lose their game at Indy. Early in the 2nd half, up 7-3 (so your offense hasn't done jack squat, but neither has the Indy offense, led by a guy making his first NFL start), 4th and 1 at midfield. Now, I'm a fan of teams getting more aggressive and going for it on 4th down. But there's a time and a place. This wasn't it. You have to punt and make that Indy offense go the whole field. Nope. Of course they were stopped. That gave Indy all the momentum they needed. The Colts scored on their next 3 possessions. Only some Heinicke magic bailed out Riverboat Ron.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Ron Rivera also tried like hell to lose their game at Indy. Early in the 2nd half, up 7-3 (so your offense hasn't done jack squat, but neither has the Indy offense, led by a guy making his first NFL start), 4th and 1 at midfield. Now, I'm a fan of teams getting more aggressive and going for it on 4th down. But there's a time and a place. This wasn't it. You have to punt and make that Indy offense go the whole field. Nope. Of course they were stopped. That gave Indy all the momentum they needed. The Colts scored on their next 3 possessions. Only some Heinicke magic bailed out Riverboat Ron.

Yep I just finished watching this. And they ran the ball up the middle with the Rookie Robinson. Colts were ready but he was chopping his feet. I think right now Gibson is the better back. He’s more decisive with more experience.

Reich really did his team a disservice by getting the ball and running 2 dive plays giving the ball back to wash. Also his goal line offense was horrible. There were many other factors as well. 2 fumbles etc. colts had no business losing

pederson has Lawrence throwing on first and goal after ETN been unstoppable. Didn’t learn his lesson as Lawrence (who must be an idiot) threw a pick on first and goal from 1 against Texans a few weeks ago

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Adding Buffalo's Sean McDermott. I would fire him immediately. Another guy who refuses to take the points. It has cost them against the Jets, Dolphins, and Vikings. It almost cost him against Green Bay but they won. Yesterday up 10 early 4th quarter, they had 4th and 2 and went for it when they had a chip shot FG to go up 13. This means all you need is another fg later to make it so the Vikings have to get two TDs and two 2-point conversions and maybe change the way you coach. They ended up throwing a pick in the end zone and you know how the rest of the game went. He did the same thing against Green Bay but they couldn't take advantage and did it against the Jets and Miami that cost them the games as they were rallying late. This shows me that he is a guy who doesn't learn from his mistakes. He is going to continue to not take points which is mind-boggling. Now I was waiting to give him a pass but now it's a continuation. Also, he abandons the run when up by multiple scores. Devin Singletary had TWO first-quarter rushing touchdowns and ended the game with 13 carries. And don't forget they played overtime. 13 carries? They were up 17 in the second half. As a Viking fan, I am ecstatic.

Go back to the AFC playoff game last year and his decision to kick out of the end zone just further completes my opinion that this guy is a bonehead.

Batman

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 21, 2014
What about Josh McDaniels? He made Derek Carr cry :scared

Raiders got beat at home by a coach who had never coached above the high school level in Jeff Saturday, an offensive coordinator who had never called plays in the NFL before in Parks Frazier and a 37-year-old quarterback who had been benched earlier this season in Matt Ryan. :sadwave:

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
What about Josh McDaniels? He made Derek Carr cry :scared

Raiders got beat at home by a coach who had never coached above the high school level in Jeff Saturday, an offensive coordinator who had never called plays in the NFL before in Parks Frazier and a 37-year-old quarterback who had been benched earlier this season in Matt Ryan. :sadwave:

I’ll give him a year cause this isn’t his team and they want to lose deep down!! McDaniels wants Carr the hell out of there and draft a QB. What a mess Mike Mayock left this team in. Al those picks they got and they pissed it all away

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kevin O’Connell - vikes

He’s just on watch and I want to see how they respond after getting ear holes by Dallas. He won’t do it this year but he needs to fire DC Ed Donatell but I’m going to question my coaches intelligence

Down 30 in the second half the Vikings ran a play action pass down 30 fricking points. Cousins had his back completely turned to the defense and turned around to a cowboy ready to kill him for a sack. I’m like yeah nobody is going to fall for pay action or even care if you are handing it off especially when Dallas cares so much about sacks

so guess what the effiing coaches did later in third quarter? After Cook had a couple good runs they went play action AGAIN down 37! This time Cousins almost got his head taken off for another sack! I couldn’t believe it? Are they trying to get Cousins killed? So it may seem minor to most but to me it’s inexcusable to put your qb at risk on a blowout. So as a die hard fan that’s a red flag. See how team responds

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Have to add to Matt LaFleuer—

this Amari Rodgers situation that led to him being released. The guy was a terrible punt returner since day effiing ONE!! This wasn’t a news flash that he was disaster waiting to happen. He was terrible and a turnover machine last season and was incredibly shaky this season and packer fans were on edge every punt. WHY THE HELL WAS HE EVEN OUT THERE? It’s almost like LaFleur likes playing Russian Roulette and then Wants a do over have shooting his brains out. Just terrible coaching when my 9 year old knew not to have him out there

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kevin O'Connell made some dumb ass calls on Sunday. It was painful being a Vikings fan.
First possession of game it was 4th and a long 6 and punted to their 15. They had an offsides so instead of backing them up to the 10 he goes for it on 4th and 1.5 from own 41. It was stuffed in a 0-0 game. Then third quarter its first and goal at the 3 and he calls a Dalvin Cook run to the line and then jump pass to tight end. Why the hell would you do that. They had no problems moving the ball? So the ball gets snapped and Dalvin is met with a bunch of rushers and pist his pants and fumbled. Why? The Vikings defense has been shredded weak after week with Ed Donatells shell defense? How the hell does he allow that and pass rushers like Danielle Hunter and Zadarious Smith will end up in coverage. It's his first year so he better change it around and now he has vowed changes to defense so stay tuned.

Josh McDaniels. They have blown many double digit leads this year but to the Rams? they got ultra conservative and thought they had the game in the bag. They didn't go for the throat. Then to allow your D coordinator to play press coverage late is unacceptable so yeah they did the same vs Arizona earlier this season.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Jeff Saturday for Obvious reasons.

up 17-3 Todd Bowles calls fake punt after first possession third quarter. Bernard didn’t know it and that’s when the shit storm started. What was the benefit? Get the ball at your one 30?

Bet on MyBookie