These World Cup refs suck don't they?

5H4RKY

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2001
How ironic. In the game against Mexico, the ref didn't spot the O'Brien handball in the box. Now in this QF Ger/USA,the ref didn't spot the Fringgs handball on the goal line.
Americans were robbed of a penalty.
The question remains for the other remaining teams though. How the hell do you get the ball past Herr Oliver Kahn.
THE best goalkeeper in this WC thus far.
Rivaldo and Ronaldo might have the answer methinks. ;)

JediCapper

Forum Member
May 22, 2002
Southern Ohio
Re: These World Cup refs suck don't they?

5H4RKY said:
The question remains for the other remaining teams though. How the hell do you get the ball past Herr Oliver Kahn.
THE best goalkeeper in this WC thus far.
Rivaldo and Ronaldo might have the answer methinks. ;)

Yea your not lieing there....that goalie was amazing today...I almost thought for SURE 3 of the shots were gonna go in...he just simply laid it on the line....I still think Brazil rolls over everybody...

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
I have come to accept that the ref's are bound not to see every single error on the field, its easy to see from our TV sets due to replays, but with their view they are bound to miss a call or two... is video replay an answer???

I still say the italian referee Calina(sp?) is the best ref out there, don't be surprised if he is selected to ref the WC final game..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Replay should not be introduced to soccer. I don't think that handball was a terrible call either. And that's coming from someone that hates to see it as much as anyone.

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
TIME TO MAKE $$$ said:
I have come to accept that the ref's are bound not to see every single error on the field, its easy to see from our TV sets due to replays, but with their view they are bound to miss a call or two... is video replay an answer???

I still say the italian referee Calina(sp?) is the best ref out there, don't be surprised if he is selected to ref the WC final game..

His name Luigi Collina, but speaking about him as one of the best...
Every ref made mistakes, sooner or later. Collina is lucky, he hadn't done any yet... That won't be good, if any mistake occurs in WC final...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg