Thinking about taking So Miss. and Wake (9/13)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Stuman

Banned
Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Memphrica, Tennessee
So. Miss. always seems to beat Memphis. Game is at So. Miss and my Tigers always find a way to lay a big fat egg immediately following a noteworthy win.

So. Miss (-5.5)

Figured I'd jump on the Wake bandwagon since they are only a 1 point fav at home this week vs Purdue. If they are 'for real' like everyone is saying then it should get me to the pay window. Haven't done analysis on this game yet. Considering beginning a progressive fade on Wake starting next week if they cover on 9/13. Taoist - ;)

Wake (-1)

Am I crazy?

Last edited:

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
...said this last week in regards to the Auburn game vs Ga Tech. - - Something doesn't seem right.... When I saw this opening line on Purdue and Wake, I thought the same thing...something smells fishy.... What did I learn last weekend...? If it looks too good to be true (or too easy), you better either pass or take the other side.... I think that this line on Wake stinks.... Remember, the linesmaker does not hand out gifts. :nono: I'm either passing or taking Purdue. I'll wait and see what the public does with this line, but if it goes over a fg, I'll be leaning toward Purdue and the points.... Good luck this week.... ;)

p.s. How about the Tigers last weekend? I asked III who he thought you were rooting for...and if he was right, not only do you deserve what you got, you deserve an ass whooping from me!!! Those Manning boys have a hard time in the Liberty Bowl, don't they? First we pull off the biggest upset in Memphis football history beating Peyton and now we take down little brother.... Go Tigers!!! :D

edit: p.s.s. I would save any progressive fades for week 5 on out. It's a little early for that kind of gambit...at least for me it is. Now, if they cover 5 or 6 in a row, you bet your sweet ass, I'll be all over that kind of proposition.... ;)

Last edited:

johnny wager

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2003
taoist,
I agree with your thoughts on the wake game.
Many reasons to back wake:
1. Drubbing of NC state
2. Purdue - home loss to decent BG team
3. Wake ran all over Purdue last year on the road with 69 rushes for 248 yards. And won the game 29-21.

Yet, Purdue opened as 1 pt fav.
I expected wake to be favored by 2.5 or 3.
IMO the oddsmakers had to know the pub would jump on wake bandwagon. Indeed, it does seem fishy. I'm not sure if I will play Purdue, but will follow info on game this week.
I am interested to see how much line goes in wake favor.

any thoughts appreciated

Johnny

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg