Anyone want to help him out?

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT.

TEL: 871 - 762535915
FAX: 871 - 762535916
TEL: 27 - 835948129

Alternative e-mail address: engr_karimu@yahoo.com

Dear Sir,

I am Mr.Tambo, a native of Cape Town in South Africa and I am an Executive
Accountant with the South Africa Department of Mining & Natural Resources.
First and foremost, I apologized using this medium to reach you for a
transaction/business of this magnitude, but this is due to Confidentiality
and prompt access reposed on this medium. Be informed that a member of the
South Africa Export Promotion Council (SEPC) who was at the Government
delegation to your country during a trade exhibition gave your enviable
credentials/particulars to me. I have decided to seek a confidential
co-operation with you in the execution of the deal described Hereunder for
the benefit of all parties and hope you will keep it as a top secret
because of the nature of this transaction.

Within the Department of Mining & Natural Resources where I work as an
Executive Accountant and with the cooperation of four other top officials,
we have in our possession as overdue payment bills totaling Twenty - Six
Million, Five Hundred Thousand U. S. Dollars ($26,500,000.) which we
want to transfer abroad with the assistance and cooperation of a foreign
company/individual to receive the said fund on our behalf or a reliable
foreign non-company account to receive such funds. More so, we are
handicapped in the circumstances, as the South Africa Civil Service Code
of Conduct does not allow us to operate offshore account hence your
importance in the whole transaction.

This amount $26.5m represents the balance of the total contract value
executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which
we the officials over-invoiced deliberately. Though the actual contract
cost have been paid to the original contractor, leaving the balance in the
tune of the said amount which we have in principles gotten approval to
remit by Telegraphic Transfer (T.T) to any foreign bank account you will
provide by filing in an application through the Justice Ministry here in
South Africa for the transfer of rights and privileges of the former
contractor to you.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be
willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 25%
of the $26,.5 million, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous
expenses. The business itself is 100% safe, on your part provided you
treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. Also your area of
specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this
transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will
not disappoint me. Endeavor to contact me immediately through my above
Tel/Fax number or
my e-mail address, whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you
are not, it will enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out
this deal I want to assure you that my partners and myself are in a
position to make the payment of this claim possible provided you can give
us a very strong
Assurance and guarantee that our share will be secured and please remember
to treat this matter as very confidential matter, because we will not
comprehend with any form of exposure as we are still in active Government
Service and remember once again that time is of the essence in this
business.
I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Tambo

HighRoller

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2002
OK BEWARE

OK BEWARE

Got the same email 3 weeks ago but was a HUGE legitimate Natural Fuel Company in S.Africa...

I did the research saw the company was real...

I have been in contact via email several times and I have learned

that this is complete BS and highly illegal..

BEWARE do you own DD.

:nono:

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
Scam Artists in Africa

Scam Artists in Africa

Its a con job, and not even a clever one. An acquaintance of mine back east fell for this one, and became the subject of a criminal prosecution for bank fraud. Steer clear, fellas!

I received the same 25% offer about nine months ago, only the pitch was slightly different. The guy was supposedly holding $50 million in surplus cash that his government had collected in overcharges of some kind, and he needed US bank account holders to help him move it to Hong Kong, or someplace. He sends you a check for deposit, and you keep a piece and send the rest on to Hong Kong asap. Only, their check is phony, and you raise red flags for money laundering. Don't do it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nostromo

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Europe
September 21, 2002

BY DAVID ASHENFELTER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

He introduced himself as Dr. Mbuso Nelson.

He said he was an official with the Ministry of Mining in Pretoria, South Africa.

And he offered to pay a $4.5-million fee to a 59-year-old Rochester Hills woman if she would help him transfer $18 million from South Africa to a bank account in the United States.

But what Ann Marie Poet did next gave new meaning to the so-called nigerian scam letter fraud, the FBI said.

The FBI said Poet, a bookkeeper for a small Berkley law firm, embezzled $2.1 million from the firm's accounts between February and August, after scam organizers persuaded her to wire huge amounts of money to bank accounts in South Africa and Taiwan to expedite the transfer of money to the United States.

"It's unbelievable that she fell for this," said FBI Special Agent James Hoppe, who is investigating the case. "She was gullible -- gullible and had access to $2.1 million."

Poet was indicted this week by a federal grand jury in Detroit on 13 counts of wire fraud. Each count carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. If she's convicted, she'll likely face three years in prison, federal officials said.

Poet was advised of the charges during an initial appearance before a federal magistrate in Detroit on Friday. She came to court alone and left without comment.

Hoppe said the perpetrators of the fraud contacted Poet by fax in January and promised her that all she had to do to get her $4.5-million fee was to open a bank account.

After she agreed to help, Hoppe said, the scammers told Poet the money was on its way.

But as inevitably happens, Hoppe said, they later told Poet there were problems -- fees, commissions and taxes that had to be paid.

In the months that followed, Hoppe said, Poet wired amounts ranging from $9,400 to $360,000 to offshore accounts. She never received her fee.

The alleged scam ended Sept. 4, when the Olsman Mueller & James law firm was told that a $36,000 settlement check to a client had bounced.

Jules Olsman, president of the firm, said he contacted the firm's bank to find out what happened. After getting the runaround, he said, he called the FBI and eventually found out what Poet had done. Hoppe said she drained all of the firm's accounts.

"This is just absolutely beyond description," Olsman said Friday, noting that Poet had worked for the firm for nine years and often scrutinized expenditures she deemed questionable by other employees. He said Poet, who quit coming to work after Sept. 4, is married and is very active in her church.

But as angry as he is with Poet, Olsman said, he's even more annoyed with Bank One. He said a manager at a Southfield branch, whom Poet befriended, approved all of the wire transfers even though Poet was not authorized at the bank to make such transfers.

Bank officials declined to discuss the specifics Friday.

"We don't comment on customer relationships," said Bank One spokeswoman Mary Kay Bean. "All businesses need to have the right accounting and financial controls, and we urge our customers to be diligent about checking their balances."

Olsman's lawyer, Mayer Morganroth of Southfield, said the forms the bank used to make the transfers clearly indicated that the manager should have called the law firm to verify the transfers.

Olsman said his insurance won't cover the loss, but that he plans to make good on the losses: "Not one client of our law firm will be out one penny."

He also said he plans to sue the bank.

Hoppe said there's no evidence the bank manager was in on the scam. He also said there's little hope of recovering the money or arresting the culprits.

The nigerian scam letter scheme has been around since the mid-1980s and originated there.

People usually are approached through letters, faxes and, more recently, e-mail. Every month, hundreds of Americans fall victim to versions of the scam, federal authorities say.

In some cases, victims lured abroad to complete the transaction are kidnapped for ransom. The U.S. State Department has attributed 15 kidnappings or killings to the fraud.

Hoppe said people need to use common sense when they receive such offers.

"Nobody is going to call someone they don't know and offer to pay millions of dollars to help transfer money to the United States unless they're up to no good," Hoppe said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Gorland said the law firm is the victim -- not Poet.

"You can't use somebody else's money to follow one of these get-rich schemes," she said.

"If you use your own money, the worst thing you will be is a fool."

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
DON"t even think about it! This same scam was perpetrated by a few groups out of Nigeria about 5 years ago. I had a friend who was ready to pony up 65K and they were going to deposit $3 million for him and $32 million for themselves. He checked things out with banks, etc. and thought it was legit. Finally, his common sense prevailed and he saved himself the embarrassment as well as $65 thousand. The State department, FBI, etc. can od do nothing about this fraud. If you still want some more proof, do some internet research on Nigerian OPil fraud or simply call your local FBI office.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg