This sounds real pleasant...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Might want to take note of this when they play on Dec. 28 if the situation still isn't resolved...Rockets aren't happy campers..

HOUSTON (AP) -- Free agent center Marc Jackson said Monday night the Golden State Warriors have matched the contract he was offered last month by the Houston Rockets.

Houston signed the 6-foot-10 Jackson to a six-year, $24.37 million contract, but the Warriors had the right of refusal.

``I can't believe it,'' Jackson told Houston television station KRIV. ``This is the worst case scenario for me. Once I signed with Houston, I wanted to be with Houston. I think I made that perfectly clear.''

Jackson said he will probably rejoin Golden State on Wednesday, pending successful completion of a physical.

``The funny thing when you do something to somebody that isn't right, it'll come back on you. The funny thing is they are going to try and trade me,'' he said. ``But the funny thing is I have to consent to the trade. They didn't do me any favors, so what makes them think I'm going to do them a favor?''

The Rockets had hoped Jackson would replace Hakeem Olajuwon who was traded to the Toronto Raptors.

Jackson, a second-round draft pick out of Temple in 1997, averaged 13.2 points and 7.5 rebounds last season.

When informed of the Warriors' move after the Rockets' 81-77 exhibition victory at Portland on Monday night, Houston coach Rudy Tomjanovich held up his hands in disbelief. Told that Jackson was disappointed to be going back to Golden State, Tomjanovich said, ``Well so are we.''

`It's out of our control, so we just have to accept it and go from here,'' Tomjanovich said. ``It would have been great, but it's not happening. We wish him luck, he's a good guy.''