This week's trading

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I think we see $50 oil decently soon. Buuuuuut I've been saying this for some time. It seems to me that the global market players are really wanting a higher move up.

:0corn

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I think we see $50 oil decently soon. Buuuuuut I've been saying this for some time. It seems to me that the global market players are really wanting a higher move up.

:0corn

I may sell if there's another bump. Then look to buy after the next drop. I don't think the price spikes will hold. The economic environment just won't hold decent gains. In the long run - yeah - we're good either way.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I may sell if there's another bump. Then look to buy after the next drop. I don't think the price spikes will hold. The economic environment just won't hold decent gains. In the long run - yeah - we're good either way.

Agreed. I have my limit sell order in at 3.50 now instead of 4.00. I'm thinking about increasing the number of shares as well.

Considering selling 50% of the shares at 3.50 then hoping to get the dollar amount back in at 3.00.

But I'll be on the sideline until 3.50 is hit which should be around 50.00.

The tracking error on this thing really confuses me. :confused:

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Big jump on DXO pre-market this morning and has stayed flat since opening.

Back to the 2.90 area at this point.

We are still channelling, yes?

justin22g

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Sep 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I've already made 20% on uga in the past week.. I bought at 16.75 and it's at 20 now. I'm thinking about selling it as well bc I don't see it staying.. However, I don't see it getting as low as 16.75 again.. Would y'all sell some of it or hold on? I own 75 shares

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
justin - congrats on the move. there are three ways to look at this

1. You got into the trade because you think gas prices are going up. If you think they still have room to go up, keep your shares.
2. You think gas may still go up but it might take some time. You could sell some/all of your shares to try and get back in later at a lower price as the price fluctuates.
3. You think this is as high as gas goes, and sell all your shares.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Currently, DXO is up 21% since Friday close. I'm thinking about selling a major block of shares at 3.25 to try and get that capital back into play staging in starting at 2.50. If DXO goes straight to 4.00 from here (I doubt it); then all of my shares will be gone, and I will be looking at getting back in when it flucuates back down.

NOTE: I sold approximately 17% of my shares on Friday at 2.70.

justin22g

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Sep 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
justin - congrats on the move. there are three ways to look at this

1. You got into the trade because you think gas prices are going up. If you think they still have room to go up, keep your shares.
2. You think gas may still go up but it might take some time. You could sell some/all of your shares to try and get back in later at a lower price as the price fluctuates.
3. You think this is as high as gas goes, and sell all your shares.

Thanks dawgball... I really like #2. I believe they will go back down next week sometime, but that is purely going on luck.

I believe it Wed. UGA was up 9%, and it is hovering around 2% today.

I will wait till Monday to make a move I think... I appreciate your insight!

Also, I have told myself that this is a longterm position, unless something drastic happens. I intend to stick to this belief, but if it falls Monday, I will probably sell some in hopes up picking it back up at a cheaper price.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I blew it this week. Didn't get in on any of these gains. Gotta get more serious about this next week.

Bet on MyBookie