thoughts on vtech/west vir

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chisler

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
California
I originally liked west virginia but why are they an undedog when they are ranked in the top 10?

we all know the angle so if i would play this game i would take v tech -2.5.

v.tech played NC state tough. west virginia needed ot at home to beat a avg maryland team. NC st has a much better def than west virginia . I will take the home team who have a history as being great on special teams!

Last edited:

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
I'm on WVU but:

Pro's
Top ten team in NCAA
Strong O & D lines
Good rushing game
Smart QB
Struggled to run against JMU

Con's
@ Blackburg
Randall good QB, can run
VT fast defense all around
Special teams, VT always tough
Played NCSt tough

Both teams have played a good ACC team (Maryland & NCST), so location is a big part in this game because the hookies play very tough at home. WVU is coming off an uninspired win (looking toward this game :shrug:) and VT coming off a last second loss (let down :shrug:) . IMO, just as NCST did, WVU can run at the DT of VT. The hookies are built for speed not power.

Just my 2 cents
GL
Irish

Chisler

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
California
Irish you are right west virginia shold be able to run at v.tech. I think this game will be decided by a field goal and I will take the home team with revenge that has a history of being great on special teams. Good luck to you!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
That's why I'm going with WVU....Tech's kicker has to be in a terrible state of mind. Last second miss to win??? Plus he missed one earlier that day...either way, Good Luck to you

Irish

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Just to add: The Va Tech O line looked like swiss cheese last weekend, exposing Randall to a lot of pressure and a bunch of hits. Also, Randall has shown he'll throw some INTs when under pressure. Randall is a playmaker, but he also does tend to force things.

Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a hard fought game, but I give the edge to WV here.

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
I was shocked WVU was the dog in this game....I don't see WVU losing to Tech. They will be very motivated...Tech has to be low because of near miss last week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Theismann

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2004
Va Tech will come out fired up and play inspired football. Va Tech will jump on WV early and the final will be something like 38-17 Va Tech is the better team and the PLAY gl

Chisler

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
California
what i have played so far

ND +3
Uconn -4(played this on sun when it first came out)
Lsu +3.5
Aub +3 (bought the hook)
v tech -2.5
oregon -2.5
stanford -10

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chisler

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
California
Now vtech is -3! and 70% of the people are on west virginia.
i like v tech even more now. smart money is on tech!