thr. night prime time

Tau Ceti

Forum Member
Jun 23, 2004
seems as if i am going agasint the public and possibley the forum on this one...but i just can't help it..i think there is great value in this game.

houston +29 over canes........my reason.......

prime time thr night game......i am a trends guy so i may look at things a bit different then most.

but if you look at thr night games so far this yr on espn. i do believe the home team has covered all of them??? i know bc did last week and i remember s. miss woofin at home vs mizzu.

besides the thr night trends i think houston will be VERY fired up for this game. think about it...national spotlight IN houston??? when the hell has houston ever been on tv or in the national spotlight for that matter......only game i can remember is last bowl season vs hawaii where they not only won but covered!!!!! houston has last played mia in 1991 where they got beat 40-10 in mia...now its at houston and they are getting 29..and i am almost certain it will go 30+ by game time so mine as well wait. look at the teams coming to houston this yr..........army, tulane, ecar, lousville, AND MIA. CANES!!!!!!! how the hell they got this powerhouse to come to town is still beyond me. but know this, that place will be soooo pumped up for this game!!!! this is there season..plain and simple........odds are they will not beat mia on thr night...this any sane man knows, but fight to the end and fight hard....i think they will. mia just won 48-0 at home last week, so dont' look for another shutout or big blowout on the rd here, espically when houston is going to be balls out ready for this contest. i know it was vs. army but houston racked up 650 yrds of offense at home!!!!!!!!!! they have this offense and if its clicking it WILL put up pts. look at the qb position........

Miami Yds Comp.% Y/A TD/INT
Berlin, Brock 377 60.0 7.54 2/2

Houston Yds Comp.% Y/A TD/INT
Kolb, Kevin 703 70.7 8.57 2/2

dont look so bad do they???? kolb at home with a better comp % and throws for more yds

as i said before mia SHOULD win this one, but it wont be like last week where they blanked la tech at home 48-0....i see it with lots of pts scored and houston getting the cover with such a high powerd home offense.

wait til line goes up and take houston + whatever you can get.

good luck

nyraider

Forum Member
Nov 6, 2001
upstate ny near albany
totally agree!
i aready circled houston for thursday!!!! and i'm liking kent st
fiday i'm lookig hard at bowling green and kinda like boise st big!!!

GOOD LUCK DAN!

Tau Ceti

Forum Member
Jun 23, 2004
we'll prob need some luck with houston since it seems the whole world is against us.....but whats gambling without some luck anyway???

fri night i was leaning n.ill for a possible small play....bg is not as good as last couple of yrs. n.ill is at home and i belive have only won like one time in their last three times at home in n.ill. they lost to bg last yr, and i dont' care how beat up a team looks or how bad they played a week prior....when its a mac team vs mac team....on tv the home team gets up for the game...plus its a revenge game.....

on a side note to that game, my friend still is playing his play station 2 simultation games and to date nfl and ncaa it is 20-5 su and 16-8-1 ats...............it had n.ill 31-21 in this one.

good luck

redking

Jedi Knight
Forum Member
Jan 15, 2001
New Jersey
Be careful with the Canes. They beat La Tech thanks for Devin Hester's two punt returns for TDs. You think the Cougars are gonna be kicking to him on Thursday?!? They'll prolly punt it out of bounds!

^BIGBUD^

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2004
The Hurricanes have played in Houston seven times, but Thursday night's game with the host Cougars will be different.

Instead of playing at Rice Stadium or the Astrodome, Miami gets its first turn in Houston's Reliant Stadium -- home of last year's Super Bowl.

While Miami is used to playing in NFL venues, this would be the Canes' first game in a stadium with a retractable roof. Miami shared the Orange Bowl with the Dolphins from 1966-86, but the team has also played in such NFL stadiums as Pittsburgh's Heinz Field, Philadelphia's Veteran's Stadium, the Louisiana Superdome, the Meadowlands, Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville and Pro Player Stadium.

''I think it's a great lift, and it's super for these kids to be able to play in a facility like that,'' coach Larry Coker said.

? Coker said junior defensive back Glenn Sharpe has something wrong with one of his knees and will not be making the trip to Houston, and neither will injured offensive lineman Rashad Butler and linebacker Leon Williams.

? Kicker Jon Peattie said because he tried to favor his hurt hamstring against Louisiana Tech, his tentativeness affected his performance. ''The hamstring wraps around the groin and [the hamstring] tore,'' he said. ``There's a gap on my muscle. But that heals in a while. It's not hurting me at all.''

Peattie will kick at Houston, although sophomore punter Brian Monroe will handle kickoffs.

? For those who didn't go to the Louisiana Tech game Saturday, here's a play-by-play of third-string freshman quarterback Kyle Wright's collegiate debut:

Wright took over at 2:45 of the third quarter.

Tyrone Moss took the handoff from Wright for 4 yards, but UM's Derrick Morse was called for holding. On first-and-16 from the Miami 7-yard line, Moss rushed for 21 yards to the UM 28. Wright was then sacked on first and second down. On third-and-18 from the Miami 20, Wright's pass bounced in front of Ryan Moore. Monroe was brought in to punt.

After Derrick Crudup came in for an unsuccessful series, Wright returned with about eight minutes left in the game. On one play, Lance Leggett dropped Wright's pass. On third down, Wright completed his first pass to Akieem Jolla for 6 yards to the UM 25. Monroe punted again.

''With the opportunities he had, I think he did OK,'' Coker said.

someonewhoknows

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2004
Im a trends guy as well. And thats why i like houston. Miamy is 2-0 ATS and houston is 0-3 ATS but we all know it evens out in the end. Houston is due for an ATS win and Miami a loss. Not to mention everybody and there mother is on Miami which means that chances are vegas wont be wrong. The only thing that scares me is that miamy is just plain out good! But im a numbers guys so i have to gow with the percentages which point to houston.

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
Miami D has not allowed a touchdown yet!!. Miami O hasn't gotten into rhythem yet .

However texas is loaded with blue chipers and Miami will be looking to impress recruits

UO smashed hou 63-13
I now it's gonna be a big time public play (MIA) but how could you feel confident with Houston after the thrashing by the Sooners

I'll bite if it gets to 32 or higher

GL

Tau Ceti

Forum Member
Jun 23, 2004
remember they got blasted IN oaklahoma!!!! this is at home in houston....college on the rd, is difficult for even the best teams....example mich at notre dame

someonewhoknows

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2004
night game on espn on the road are tough for the visiting team. This is probably the biggest game for houston in 10 years.

Tau Ceti

Forum Member
Jun 23, 2004
capped it to a tee!!!!! now its behind me and on to the next.........................

Bet on MyBookie