Thunder @ Memphis

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

eztds

Forum Member
Oct 9, 2001
OKC,OK USA
Here is my take.......(caveat emptor.....I'm an OKC season ticket holder)

-the Thunder have been great at coming back from losses all season and post-season this year

-as others on the site have elaborated on all ready; the Thunder appear to be the better team.....player wise athletically

-however, Ibaka's ankle is not 100% but the guy is a real gamer.....he will be starting

-coach wise.....it's Brooks 1 and Hollins 1 as per "in game" adjustments so far this series

-Randolph and Gasol had a monster game 1, but brought under control in games 2 and 3

-Allen has been a shut down machine on Durant causing Westbrook to stress out at point.....not a recipe for success in the NBA when your point guard just pounds the ball at the top of the key without passing

-Westbrook is the key to this game.....you place your wager on OKC thinking he comes out like he did for three quarters on Saturday or you go with Memphis believing that he chokes again tonight

-The FedEx Forum will be rocking tonight making the Thunder's quest an uphill battle

-Durant was shell shocked after the game on Saturday and to his credit did face the media following the game

-Westbrook on the other hand slinked out of the locker room within five minutes of the final horn on Saturday and only reluctantly faced one OKC TV reported today giving "short", rather "snippy" answers to a few questions

-If you could get inside Westbrook's head you would have a better chance deciphering how to play this one

-OKC Assistant Coach Mo Cheeks was seen for most of today's shoot-around sitting by Westbrook talking with him

-My guess is Westbrook is totally embarrassed how he played that 4th period on Saturday

-I think Cheeks has calmed him down and we will see the All-Star Westbrook tonight rather than the Ball Hog Westbrook

-If not, Brooks needs to get control of the situation and set Westbrook until he regains that Mo Cheeks state-of-mind

-Should be a good one tonight with OKC in a desperation situation

:0corn

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg