Thursday 2002-01-10

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Boise St. vs. Rice

While neither of these two teams are juggarnauts of the College hoop scene, I think there is some value in the lines.
Vegas has opened the Owls as -3 FAVS.
Boise St. is sitting with at 7-7 SU, 5-6-1 ATS, while Rice is 5-7 SU, and 3-4 ATS. Of note here, Rice is 5-1 SU at home and BSU is 1-5 SU on the road. BSU is also 0-3 ATS in their last 3 on the road and Rice is 2-0 ATS at home this year.
While these numbers don't quite support at nice trend we want, they do indicate that BSU struggles on the road and Rice plays a little tougher at home. Rice also notched a nice home win versus a tough Baylor team at home by winning by 15.
BSU by averaging only 58-60 PPG indicates this team is into the half-court still of play. Rice averaging 70+PPG means they like to run a little more than BSU.
The question here is can they get BSU to run a little more?
Both teams are below the NCAA avg in most statistical numbers, until you get to TO. Rice avgs. 9 steals a game and is the better rebounding team.
Rice at home this year has on average a 8.3 PG win margin. BSU on the other hand has -7.6 PG lost margin on the road. So in theory, you could have Rice winning by 15. But that's just simple a theory talking.
The good thing about supporting Rice tonight is that they are solid in the rebouding dept. and the FT line indicative of their 70% avg. 78% in the last 5. (BSU is 62% on the ROAD)
After blowing all this hot air, in short, I like Rice to play BSU tough at home and to notch another win. Rice is defensively better than BSU and should cause problems for them.

Rice -3 2 UNIT

Elvino

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
:shrug:

I can't for the life of me figure it out.
If anyone remembers my first post, when I said I rarely post picks for various reasons. This is it.
I've got some "MADJACK" disease. Honestly, it seems everytime I post the pick, it goes awry.
From now on, I say fade them if you please.
People see my pick, say to yourself, "He is like the Lee Corso of Madjacks, the Joe Theismann of capping. Whatever he says, go oppo."
Now, this year, NCAABB 0-2 -3,30

Elvino

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Its Gravy

Bacon
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2001
San Antonio, Texas
Burnt Rice

Burnt Rice

eww. i got burnt too , i guess i left the Rice on the cooker too long

saw they had a 7pt lead in 2nd half then they lost, crapola:mad:

ddubs

Let's Go Boilers!!!
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2000
The Windy City
Elvino.....You must have the "ddubs syndrome". That's why I only post sporadically nowadays, and post under other people's thread. Sounds chicken shit, but if I start my own thread, it's usually the "Kiss of death".

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Thanks KGB,

Will plug on....not sulking...just....miffed, I guess. I had a profitable night. Just not this game.
Anyway, off to watch "Let it Ride", nothing like it to get the ole adrenaline running.

Best of Luck
Elvino

Back tomorrow.

ELVINO
NCAABB 0-2 (-3.30)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Is that what it is ddubs?

I am open for opinions, I tell ya. I've never seen anything like it. And what makes me even more of a dumba$$ is that I post the plays and I make the bet. I should be going oppo too. :)
Oh well, I will come back tomorrow. Finally get over this hump or whatever it is....it's likes it below 40 in here and I am the Tampa Bay Bucs. :D

Elvino