thursday -- baltimore/toronto .....

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
made a downright horrible play on the mets/dodgers total last night. didnt even have to sweat the result as it was over before the lineups turned over one time.

not sure why but this one really jumped out tonight.

baltimore (+190)
baltimore (+1.5) (+116)

going against the numbers on this one. halladay has pitched well against baltimore in his career and the blue jays are hitting lefties at a nice clip this season. still, i cant justify any pitcher as a 2/1 favorite against baltimore in a hitters park.

caught up

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
MA
over the total?

over the total?

not to bust up your contrarian play of sorts--but with your line of thought, wouldnt a over the total be a better play--that way you wouldnt hafta sweat halladay doing enough to get the win? your thoughts?

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
unfortunately i dont play mlb totals 'over' so i can't even give that approach consideration. when it comes to baseball, its an 'under' or 'pass' for me. having said that, i see where youre coming from as well. this could indeed be a 6-5 game. feel good about the dog though. we'll see how it goes

s_dooley24

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
i think Balt has a decent chance...just don't really see the value in playing a home team on the RL....good luck with the Birds

JEFF

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2001
Baltimore played like the bad news bears last night and has a rookie on the mound tonight. With Halladay on the mound, Toronto -200 actually seems cheap IMO.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Just to throw up a little more info, Halladay is 0-4 career with Cooper behind home plate.

Hokie Fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2003
So far so good
2-2 dont want to jinx it but getting 2 for 1 I am happy right now
(Nice call..)

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
sweet call....seeing the difference between perceived value and actual value...

:clap: and having Tor. pen do an upchuck

...gotta believe Tor. merits a look see today verus a slightly over-rated Tigers club..

caught up

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
MA
nice call

nice call

good deal--as it were we both made out. keep up the good work--good to see you around

Bet on MyBookie