Thursday Night Melons

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Majestyk

Forum Member
Oct 13, 2003
Illinois
Not buying Boise in this spot and think the line reflects an over reaction to consecutive blowouts against less than stellar competition. This Boise team is not exactly an offensive juggernaut (we?re not talking Texas Tech here) and has put up its share of lackluster performances against weak /average competition: 24-10 as a 24 point road favorite against Idaho; 33-17 as a 24? point home favorite against Wyoming; 27-20 as a 22? point home favorite against Tulsa. Also failed to cover as a 7 point road favorite against La Tech and was down 23-16 at the half. This BYU squad, short of a San Diego State game that went completely against type and the now infamous Colorado State debacle, has played excellent defense and should be the best defense Boise has seen since its early season 26-24 loss to Oregon State.

BYU?s win last week against a good UNLV team on the road will give them a nice boost coming into this game. Last week was the second game back for opening season starter Matt Berry who played an excellent game and will do much to improve the BYU offense. Berry had good games to open the season against Georgia Tech and the formidable USC and this squad is much better with Berry at the controls. Coach Crowton relinquished his offensive coordinator role last week to ex-QB Robbie Bosco who had the offense operate under a no-huddle scheme for the entire game. They should be even better in that format with a game under their belt. Crowton admitted that his plan for the Colorado State game was misguided and that he had a dead tired team on the field that night. The practice schedule this week was completely re-mapped and the team is observing a no-class day today to fully focus on this game.

Couple all of that with a team looking to make amends in its first home game since the Colorado State pasting and with a national audience looking on and I think you?ll see a much different squad in tonight?s contest. I?ll take a live home dog any day of the week.

Take BYU (+8) 3 melons (based on 1-5 melon rating system)

Last edited:

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
Like the home dog here myself. Line went up from 6 to 8 this week and that has me with no doubt towards BYU.

Good luck and great write up!!!