Thursday night play

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have been a fan of this site and the professionalism of most of the cappers in here for quite some time and thought I would finally throw my hat in to the ring and post some of my own MLB picks. Good luck to all, I hope I can win folks some $$.

One play tonight:

Arizona (J. Cruz) -120

Due to Russ Ortiz's lack of anything resembling skill, Juan Cruz finally gets a crack at the starting rotation for Arizona last weekend and has a nice showing despite the no decision. He gave up 2H and 1ER in 5IP with 3K.

Control has always been the biggest impediment to Cruz? success, and it will go a long way to determining how he fares in his new role. Although he?s pitched nearly exclusively in the majors as a reliever in recent years, all of his action at AAA last season came as a starter. In that role, Cruz was dominant in the hitter-friendly PCL, posting a 2.40 ERA dominating hitters while opposing batters hit only .192 against him. It may take him a bit of time to get used to the longer outings and get deep into games but he definitely has the skills.

So far this year he has posted the following numbers:

17IP, 10BB, 17SO, 2.65ERA, 1.00WHIP

Arizona is riding a 4 game winning streak tonight and have been hitting well behind guys like Chad Tracy. The Cubs on the other hand have been struggling, dropping the last two straight and last 5 of 7, scoring only 3 runs the last three games against Pittsburgh and Arizona.

D. Lee out, Ramirez still trying to find his groove, I like Arizona in a fairly low scoring affair:

Arizona (5) - Chicago (3)

Good luck!

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
Afraid I'm on the other side tonight Chico...one of us will be happy!

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
Thanks guys.

One addition:

John Thomson's numbers as of late have looked very impressive however much of that was due to a extremely low hit rate and extremly high strand rate. His expected ERA is almost two points higher than he has posted his last two starts so these numbers should begin to fall back to earth which should mean more runs scored.

Cory Lidle - well, I'll just stop right there.

Don't normally put to much stock into umpires however tonights man behind the plate has posted an over/under of 4-1 so far this year. Has a smaller strike zone and calls a lot of walks.

Nice night in Philadelphia tonight, the ball should be sailing especially with the potent left handed Philly lineup.

Philadelphia/Atlanta - Over 9

Bet on MyBookie