Thursday Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
Rockets - 1 1/2 (rio)

Rockets will play there first home game with steve francis since hes injury, while im far from the biggest fan in the world of francis there should be a lot of extra energy around the arena for this game. Thomas is also a go for tonight, and helps them in a lot of ways both scoring and rebounding. Theres lots of good things that came out of the the francis injury, they found out guys like torres, griffin, norris and brown can play add that to there core group finally being healthy (there better without rice) and its a pretty decent team talent wise.

Pistons have only one win out west this year and that was vs memphis early on in the year, theyve lost 7 in a row on the road and 8 of 9 overall. They also were beat soundly in all 3 of there back to back road games of late, by the magic with a hurt tmac, gs and sea.

Francis is expected to see well over 20 minutes this game, and play both halves. Atkins cant keep anyone out of the lane and thats been the pistons biggest problem all year. Of course its hard on the defense when you have to collapse and help but its worse for the pistons a bad rebounding team to begin with because it gets them out of postion to box out. Houston has 3 pgs that are lightning fast and will live in the lane this game. Pistons have only 1 win in there last 10 ats, and none in there last 7 ats.

Im also gonna be on dallas if finley plays, if he doesnt i may still take them but im on them for sure if he goes and the line doesnt jump too high.

50-23 ytd all sides
money lines: 1-1 +120

[This message has been edited by dnuggets (edited 01-03-2002).]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Guerilla_Ninja

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2001
CHI-Town, IL
like this side as well (posted in my thread). DET is changing that lineup daily. Not that HOU hasn't had to (due to injuries). i see a DET slide coming on. HOU griffin playing extremely well and francis at home is a boost. hard to not play this side as basic pick. your insight is well noted as well.

NYK (o94) - opinion? loved it at the opening 89. like it now.

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
Watch yourself on Dal tonight. I can't find a single reason for this line and that is scary.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
everyone loses but ....

When you lose like this its almost impossible to swallow, Mavs go 1-25 stretch and 0-16, and it was not great ny d it was just flat missed shots. Then for whatever reason hardaway is left in the game, him howard and newman at points where they allowed ny to just post up houston and spree, IF THEY PUT IN FINLEY NY COULD NOT SCORE, at first i thought perhaps finley was hurt but then he plays the final 20 secs in overtime?

Finley didnt play one minute in the final 10 of the game or 4:40 in overtime, despite the fact that they were just posting whoever hardaway guarded, or nash. Despite all that, ny misses with 4.2 secs left dallas rebounds newman tries to call timeout and NELSON SAYS NO, they throw a long pass, 3 pt bomb from 40 feet misses, by buckner no less. Then he starts howard in the overtime who promptly commits an offensive foul and rather than having the 3 that nash burried, ny gets the ball and gets a 5 pt lead and never trails again. You cant win them all but this one was horrible.....

They overcome a 1-25 stretch and nelson doesnt call timeout or put finley in the game..nellie and hes gimmicks just coach...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
As dynamic as the Mavs are offensively, they are wretched defensively, don't rebound in crucial spots, and have Nellie running the show..not a good thing. When I saw him wave Newman off from calling a timeout, I was in shock. What a buffoon. Not to absolve Nellie, but Newman is a 15 year vet, he should have called a timeout regardless of what Nellie did..he should know better. And Nellie's defensive schemes the entire game was a clinic on how not to coach.

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
This is the best way to put it....

Mavs win in spite of nellie not because of him that should not be the coaches job to get in the way in any sport the coaches job is to put hes team in the best position to win....and he NEVER DOES THAT.