ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
YTD: 5-0 +6.00 units

ONE HUGE PLAY:

1) NEW JERSEY -250 (ML) (5 units)
putting my money where my mouth is.

(like to cover my ass in case of a tie.)

Look for other write-ups in the NHL forum.

SCENARIO:

1)The Devils opened their season in Washington on Saturday night, losing, 6-1. The loss was the worst season-opening defeat since the franchise moved to New Jersey.

2) Goaltender Martin Brodeur made his first start since signing a five-year, $40 million contract extentsion and allowed five goals on 20 shots before departing after two periods.

3)DEVILS' home opener.

4)Peca is questionable for Thursday's game.

5) ISLANDERS played last nite,but seriously folks, let's look at their opponents:
exhibit a: TB
exhibit b: Florida
exhibit c: pittsburgh

now, to take NOTHING away from the islanders, yes ALL were on the road and good job, BUT N.J's been stewing for about 5 days and lying in the bushes waiting for a tired New York team (playing their fourth away game in a row???).

this looks like a classic case of throwing meat to the pirrahnas.

good luck to all tonite.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I could not agree with you more, TV! I would not want to be the Isles tonight. Oh, and a friend of mine heard confirmation on WFAN in NYC that Pecca is out tonight with a concussion and is day to day. Good luck to you (us).

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
I have been pondering this play all day long. I agree with all of your points in favor of New Jersey. GL!

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
One of the few times I'll agree with laying big chalks. The Devils will put these fishermen (without Peca) out of La-La-Land.

Tiger

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
Wow TV........that's a lot to lay (-250) on a team just playing their 2nd game of the season. We never know who is going to come out of the gate strong and who will come out flat, so laying that kind of $$$$ on a team that has played exactly one game and is up against an unbeaten foe is questionable at best in my book.

The points you make for the Devils case are not very strong in my opinion, and stating a -250 favourite as a HUGE play is very dangerous to all who read this. The Islanders
have better depth and better goaltending than in any recent year and should prove to be more than a decent adversary tonight for New Jersey.

You may win this bet, but I disagree totally with your presentation.

Good luck,
Tiger

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
WHOA, just looked at ALL the other postings in here...

Looks like we're ALL in this one together.

biggrin.gif

JOEtheWISE

Forum Member
None of this for me..

NY is feelin right now, on a roll and look'n to prove a point by winning witout Osgood..

Ny Islanders +.5 +160

G'luck..

------------------
"To resist is to piss in the wind, anyone who does will end up smelling"

Brandon Boyd

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
Rooting for you bud, NJ just tied it up, must have been my rally cap that I just put on and 30 seconds later they scored
biggrin.gif

Go Devils

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Well, that was painful last night. Let's get 'em today. Thanks for being the voice of reason on that Tiger. Good luck everyone.

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
TV will bounce back, trust me guys

Chris, sorry about your loss yesterday, but I know that you have been through rough times, and you have been able to show everyone on this board that you able to come back.

Good luck today!

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Just to let everybody know, I would have made that SAME wager 10 times out of 10.

Apparently this Islander team might be a VERY special one this year.

This Islander team is now one of only two teams in the history of the NHL to EVER start 4-0 on the road.

Bet on MyBookie