Toronto + 1/2 -150
New Jersey - 1/2 - 170 (POD)
Col - 1/2 -115

good luck- love the devils today!!!!

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I tend to agree with you on that. I will probably be on that one with you and it may be my only play. Nice night last night, btw.

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
Good Luck Chenker
smile.gif

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

I

Investment Executive

Barrasso guarding Canes' net tonight
Goalie set for return to NHL

By LUKE DECOCK, Staff Writer

RALEIGH -- Even though it has been 533 days since Tom Barrasso last played in an NHL game, he doesn't see his return to hockey as a big deal.

Barrasso, 36, was signed as a free agent in the off-season, and he will make his Carolina Hurricanes debut tonight at 7 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

It's a big deal to the Hurricanes, who have been waiting three seasons for the team to procure a capable backup for Arturs Irbe.

To Barrasso, it's just another step on the long road that has led him back to the NHL after a year spent away from the game with his family.

"It's not about [tonight]. It's not about the next game either," Barrasso said. "It's about being back in the league and being back as a hockey player. That's something that's not a one-day proposition. It's a daily thing.

"I've enjoyed being part of the team, being out there in practice and getting the opportunity to play. That's what it's about. It's not about one day."

Although Barrasso played in three preseason games, this will be his first appearance in a game that counts since he was in goal for the Ottawa Senators in a 4-2 playoff loss to these same Leafs on April 24, 2000.

He went 8-11-2 that season with a 3.17 goals-against average for the Senators and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Barrasso spent the next 12 months with his family while his teenage daughter Ashley went through cancer treatments.

This spring, Ashley was doing well enough for Barrasso to consider a comeback.

Barrasso played well in three preseason games, well enough for coach Paul Maurice to suggest he looked as if he hadn't taken any time off at all.

"I'm glad to see that he's back in the game and that things are all right off the ice, especially with Ashley," said Carolina captain Ron Francis, a teammate of Barrasso's on the Penguins' two Stanley Cup teams in 1991 and 1992. "I think that he's worked hard in camp and I'm glad he's getting the opportunity."

It's an opportunity that hasn't come often for Carolina's backup goaltenders in the past few seasons.

Barrasso's start will break a streak of 35 straight regular-season and playoff starts for Irbe dating to Feb. 16.

But that's why Barrasso is here.

Bet on MyBookie