Thursday

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
89-65 y-t-d (+12.25 units)

2-1 Wednesday +4.75 units (feels good to get a little back from the man)

I do not know how much time I will have to post stuff on Thursday, might be busy with work. Capped all of Thursday's games on Wednesday. I have came up with three solid plays and I basically will be looking for any reasons not to play them before Thursday afternoon. The three plays I like are all pretty large favorites....

Early leans- Boston, Washington, and Tampa Bay (all minus a half goal)...... Will post my final picks (probably at least two of these three) by 12:00 PST. Any info always appreciated.

Lets get some winners on Thursday!!!!

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
playing these as of right now-

Boston - 1/2 -155 465/300
Wash - 1/2 -150 450/300
Tbay - 1/2 -125 375/300
NYI + 1/2 100/105
Under 5 1/2 NYR/Tor 110/100

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I am desperately looking for ANY conceivable reason not to back my Caps tonight, but I can't find one. That looks to be where I am heading cuz that looks like the best play on the board to me. Will confirm later.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
As expected, one play for me tonight:

WASH -.5 (-150) 1.5 to win 1 Unit
I looked for ANY reason not to take this one since I don't like backing my team, but I can't find one. ATL is terrible on the PK, WASH 3rd best in the league and on a roll right now. In the last month ATL is 3-13-1-0 over their last 17 games having been outscored during that span almost 2 to 1. WASH is 6-2-1 in their last 9 and appear to be getting on one of their midseason rolls they are famous for. Jagr, Oates and Dalhen could be the hottest line in the NHL right now, and to add to the things pointing me to WASH, ATL has only won 3 games at home this season. Yes, one of those was vs. WASH in a 1-0 shutout, but WASH got 37 shots on net in that loss. That was during a stretch where they getting tons of shots, but no goals. Those shots are going in now. Aside from the guys who are out a while, they have no injuries right now. They must continue to improve defensively and get a good outing from Ollie, and I look for them to do that vs. ATL tonight.

That is it for me after a couple days of no NHL action. Good luck. On the year 54-27-4 +14.61 Units.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Not saying I would take Atlanta, but you were asking for a reason, so here is why I leaned towards the Thrash.

Washington 4-11 this year -1/2 on the road while Atlanta is 5-6 this year +1/2 at home.

In their last four at home, Atlanta outplayed Boston, Buffalo and Nashville, but got smoked by Montreal. They should have beaten Boston last time out as they controlled the game.

Washington has given up at least two goals in eight straight. In three of those they gave up 5 goals and in one they have up 3. Washington has not given up less than 3 on the road since 10/26 vs. Atlanta (a loss). That is 4, 4, 5, 5 and 3 goals given up in their last 5 on the road.

Washington plays the Devs next so this is a very high probability of them looking ahead.

Atlanta is coming off arguably their top two performances of the year in drubbing Florida and dominating the game but losing to the strong Bruins.

Like I said, I am not betting Atlanta because Washington is the more talented team and they are relatively hot but there is absolutely no way I would take the Caps given all of what I wrote. Good luck if you play the Caps, though.

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
I like the over in LA/STL and possibly the Kings but I am not going to officially play either until after after the early plays are complete-

good luck-

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
i expect kolzig and hnlicka but mind you that is from the wash post, who has screwed us over before. neither team plays tomorrow and hlicka by far right now gives atlanta the better chance at winning over rhodes...anyone else??

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Nick, you make some very good points, some I had considered and a glaring one I had not in the NJ game this weekend. Your insights are much appreciated, unfortunately I am already committed to it at this point.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Your comments were right on the money, Nick. Another -.5 road puckline the Caps failed to cover. Shoot. I only saw that last goal which looked to be a shot Kolzig should have stopped, but he also kept it tied in the final seconds. On to tomorrow.

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
going to Vegas first thing in the morning on Friday, will not be posting until Tuesday- good luck guys... Hopefully I will come back re-focused and be able to provide some winners and some useful information on pucks.....

thisisbad

Call me TIB
Forum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I hope you have fun Chenker, but you will be missed here
frown.gif

LAter man!

Bet on MyBookie