Tim McCarver

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
is he not THE worst color guy in brodcasting?

looking forward to the game tonight. Not looking forward to his dumbass comments.

I do like Al Leiter though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

cj finnerty

Forum Member
Oct 13, 2004
he's no bill walton lmfao! i hate that horse tooth jack ass walton. tim is better then al leiter but both are horrible.

what was worse was watching how fox brodcast last nights game. joe fukk is always poised with another one of those goofy sayings. worse yet was the cameras bouncing around the stands to show the red sox hopefuls facial expressions. about 200 people must have caught some camera time last night. add to fox's personal touch on replays with 9 camera angels and my head was pounding.

next season i will have my serrius radio up and the tv volume down

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Did anyone just catch McCarver's comments on the Matsui leadoff walk in the 9th?

He just said that this is the same thing as if Matsui would have hit a home run. I'm not saying I support walking the leadoff man by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd love to know how he thinks Matsui on first is the same thing as Matsui in the dugout with the score 4-3. A double play and this game is over.

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Loves to hear himself talk. Could not believe the Matsui walk comment.

Why don't I just keep the sound off???

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
HAHA, glad somebody else brought that comment up. I'm no baseball guru, but to say a leadoff walk in the bottom of nine is the same as a leadoff HR is ludicrous. It would have been much more appropriate to state how dangerous putting the lead man on is, or even throw out the stat that more multi-run innings are started with the leadoff walk than anything else. Using this same logic, one home run is the same as giving up four, or one grand slam is equivalent to four grand slams. I'm no math whiz, either, but I sure would like to hear McCarver argue that 1 actually equals 4 to any person beyond 1st grade intelligence! :scared

-JC

Dynasty

Forum Member
Oct 19, 2004
Somerset, Ma
McCarver is pretty bad. He has a tendency to point out some of the most obvious things in the game, trying to sound like a smart ass, when in all reality he sounds like a jack ass. Leiter is a surprisingly decent color guy though....I like him.

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Can't believe anyone actually listens to the clowns in almost ANY sports announcing booth these days. They all say the same stoopid shiite, the games are WAY too long, and the forty replays of a ground ball to 2nd base gets old in the top of the 1st inning....
I turn on the stereo, open up the latest S.I., Sporting News or some other light reading material and glance over at the T.V. once in a while to see what is happening....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Munson

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2002
Sparta, TN
Joe Buck is the absolute worst in my opinion with McCarver not far behind. I too turn the sound down...without fail during Sunday night football...Mike Patrick makes my ears bleed. Back to Fox, even with the sound down, I was annoyed to no end with the shots of Schilling's ankle during every batter. How I long for the days of game of the week on NBC with Joe G.

M

MAXSHARP

Hustler
Forum Member
Jun 29, 2004
NYC/FLA
TOTALLY AGREE JOE BUCK IS CLOWN...HE IS A YANKEE HATER...I CANNOT BELEIVE THEY PICKED HIM TO DO THIS SERIES..THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIM ST.LOUIS....MIKE PATRICK, HOW THE HELL IS THIS GUY STILL EMPLOYED...

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Is it Norman Chad that is the commentator for the WSOP that tries to be funny or the other guy? Whichever one he is drives me up the freakin' wall!

The rant about a lead-off walk being the same as a lead off home run had me quite baffled last night.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg