TN/UGA

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
I really LOVE TN in this spot I'm jumped on it early @ -2 as I think it will move. UGA is grossly overrated. I think TN wins easily between the hedges against a UGA team with QB issues. Any thoughts???

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
There has to be something fishy because Tennesse should beat us by double digits.

I think TN -2 is a good play. The only thing that could go wrong is that Ainge is rattled and the QB of last year rears its ugly head again.

cardiacsteve

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2005
Thats what I thought about that line (smelled fishy). It seems like a no brainer but line so small makes you wonder what your missing.

Tenn has to be the pick with -2 or 2.5

P

payne034

One thing to think about is a team that has been tested time and time again. UGA is growing as a team in playing all these tight ball games. Remember the Ohio State of a few years back squeaking through the small games. Just a thought

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
I hope to see some line movement with the line getting @ least to 5 or 6 by KO. IMO with the current line this should get lots of action on TN. IF the line doesn't move much, I'll really start to wonder " What the Hell I'm Missing" since I really can't find anything solid against the play. Really doesn't matter seeing I've already played it LARGE.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Like mentioned, I think it is the play, but our defense is really solid and will be up for this game. But that is about the ONLY way we will score (defensive TDs or setting us up on goal line).

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I'm on Tenn as well. As for the short price, I feel that playing on the road in the SEC is tough business. I think this line is spot on. Just ask Auburn after their W last week.

GL:weed:

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Come on, Cie. You're not lumping us in with the Cocks are you? I'm hurt.

On the flip side, I can rest assured that you are not lumping Tennessee in with Auburn. ;)

amich1

Forum Member
Mar 27, 2003
the onlly thing that may change how Georgia plays this week is that Georgia's original QB, Tereshinski III, will start this weekend & not either of the freshman who have both played mediocre at best over the last few weeks. JTIII is no world beater, but he doesn't make alot of mistakes & won't be nearly as rattled by the blitz as the freshman were. Not saying this will allow georgia to win the game, but i am saying that it makes it much more of a toss up than it would be if stafford or cox were starting. The line reflects the qb change. Georgia will be more efficient on offense w/ JTIII at the helm & UT is banged up on D. I have no idea if that will be enough to give georgia a chance but they'll look like a diff. team this week as compared to the last few. gl w/ the play.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
the onlly thing that may change how Georgia plays this week is that Georgia's original QB, Tereshinski III, will start this weekend & not either of the freshman who have both played mediocre at best over the last few weeks. JTIII is no world beater, but he doesn't make alot of mistakes & won't be nearly as rattled by the blitz as the freshman were. Not saying this will allow georgia to win the game, but i am saying that it makes it much more of a toss up than it would be if stafford or cox were starting. The line reflects the qb change. Georgia will be more efficient on offense w/ JTIII at the helm & UT is banged up on D. I have no idea if that will be enough to give georgia a chance but they'll look like a diff. team this week as compared to the last few. gl w/ the play.

Good post. I was under the impression Joe T was vailable, bu not starting this weekend. Irresponsible capping on my part, that's for sure.

Geaux Vols!!:shrug:

amich1

Forum Member
Mar 27, 2003
its on the front page of atlanta journal constituition today that JTIII is starting so there is no doubt there no matter what you may read elsewhere. Richt never had to play freshman qb's at Fla st. and he has said repeatedly over the last several weeks that he can't stand watching freshman grow up under the lights. It'll be JTIII this weekend. Still hard not to like Tenn after how UGA has played lately but i would caution anyone that is thinking that this is a lock. Georgia has a stout D and plently of skill players if there is someone moderately competant to get them the ball.

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
I agree. Never such a thing as a lock when it comes to gambling, but this sure is a strong play IMO. I do think that UGA will show up and play much better, but when the dust settles I think the vols will prove to be too much. That being said both D's are strong and I look for this one to stay under the number. something like a 21-10 game.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Joe T may start but I doubt he plays the whole game. He will be lucky to stay in for the first half.

Cannot discount playing between the hedges as a advantage for the Bulldogs.

Georgia defense is stout also. But the Georgia receivers lack the talent to win this game with touchdowns. That leaves it up to the running game and no turnovers for Georgia.

Still thinking about this game.

It should be close.

amich1

Forum Member
Mar 27, 2003
scott,
stafford & cox have shown that they can't handle the blitz or read defenses very well at this point. I'd be very surprised if either of them play in this game. JTIII has a much better shot of managing the game well but he hasn't played in a month. Revolving qb's are never good for an offense but there remains the possibility that JTIII gives them a spark. The injuries to the tennessee d can't hurt either. I'll be watching this one and rooting for the dawgs.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
amich

I just have to think back to the Florida game last year when Joe T started. Big time game and
atmoshere on the road.

This game will have the same feel to him. He will most likely be rusty and unable to handle this pressure to win.

I would bet my cookies Joe T will not last the whole game. No way. First sign of ineptitude and Richt will pull him.

I am not playing this game, its just too close to call. I will watch and root for the Dogs though.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Will Fullmer try and win this game in classic SEC style fashion? RUN RUN PASS, RUN RUN PASS? Don't kid yourselves. TN is likely to play this one ultra conservative. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Never going for the knockout punch. That makes it easier for UGA D (which is highly touted) to shut down TN offense. I don't see TN taking any risks on offense and playing this one safe throughout.

Georgia has a great defense and are playing at home. So if TN plays classic style SEC ball, wouldn't that keep UGA in the game? Wouldn't that make is easy on UGA defense to stop TN offense? (it already is a great defense)

This game will be close till the end. UGA has no offense, UGA has great defense, TN is solid on both sides of ball but injuries on D, game is @UGA, so it will be close throughout. Turnovers and lucky breaks will decide game. I think the vegas line is right on the money. But I def. would favor TN to win this since UGA has a horrible offense.

thom24ad

UDFlyers
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Columbus, OH
Will Fullmer try and win this game in classic SEC style fashion? RUN RUN PASS, RUN RUN PASS? Don't kid yourselves. TN is likely to play this one ultra conservative. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Never going for the knockout punch. That makes it easier for UGA D (which is highly touted) to shut down TN offense. I don't see TN taking any risks on offense and playing this one safe throughout.

Georgia has a great defense and are playing at home. So if TN plays classic style SEC ball, wouldn't that keep UGA in the game? Wouldn't that make is easy on UGA defense to stop TN offense? (it already is a great defense)

This game will be close till the end. UGA has no offense, UGA has great defense, TN is solid on both sides of ball but injuries on D, game is @UGA, so it will be close throughout. Turnovers and lucky breaks will decide game. I think the vegas line is right on the money. But I def. would favor TN to win this since UGA has a horrible offense.

IMO your right on with this one scott...points will be a premium in this one...As I've said before this game is screaming under the total...

Bet on MyBookie