Tonado hit GA dome

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Anybody watching? A tornado just hit the dome and ripped a hole in the side of it. 2 min to go in overtime.:shrug:

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
they showed replay of players looking up and announcers hearing a freight train. there were rafters in the roof swaying and then showed footage of the hole in the side of the dome on the side they block off (as you know they only use half of the dome for basketball). PA announcer just said they hope to resume play in 10-20 minutes

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
I've rewinded a few times to hear that thing. You can really tell it was a tornado. Locomotive sound and then it tails off as it's passing over the dome.

Intense, to say the least.

Now.......Go 'Bama!

nole

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar
I was watching the game and saw that shit too. Trying to watch the weather channel to see if they have any confirmations of a tornado in that area.

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
I live about an hour west and there is another bad system coming through that will hit the dome in about an hour. Might see some more action there. suprised I have not lost power:scared

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
Local news reporting lots of debris and damage surrounding dome. Many windows are out and glass everywhere. Thousands of fans have taken to the streets and unfortunantly there is another system heading toward them. I hope for thier sake they get to their hotels:scared

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
SEC wants to make sure Kentucky gets in and tenn doesnt lose its 1 seed. Wouldnt surprise me if the rest of the tourney will conveniently be cancelled

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
SEC wants to make sure Kentucky gets in and tenn doesnt lose its 1 seed. Wouldnt surprise me if the rest of the tourney will conveniently be cancelled

Kentucky/UGA will be played in the morning, and both semi-final games will be pushed back an hour. UGA is the play imo.

Tenn is extremely beatable. I plan on fading them the rest of the weekend.....

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar

Quit your whining! :mj07: Don't worry, UT will lose big to Arkansas tomorrow. Tennessee won't go far in NCAA tourney. They can't shoot free throws and they turn the ball over way too much. If Texas can beat em, then alot of other teams can as well.

BTW, Kentucky is finally healthy and they are much improved since their losses to Gardner Webb and UAB. I look for Miss St, Arkansas, or Kentucky to win the SEC tourney.

sampson

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2005
Flooding in the Dome now because of pressure on pipes. Local news originally were talking about Phillips, which is where Hawks play and is right next door to Dome as an option. But, downtown is a complete mess so who knows.

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar
I wonder if any conference tournament has ever been cancelled due to weather or natural disaster? None that I recall.:shrug: The last event that I remember being cancelled was after 9/11.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
Flooding in the Dome now because of pressure on pipes. Local news originally were talking about Phillips, which is where Hawks play and is right next door to Dome as an option. But, downtown is a complete mess so who knows.

concert at phillips tomm so that is a no go. Georgia Tech maybe