Tonight's Prison Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
I read a book today about the Yosemite Fire Falls. Pretty odd tradition but probably very spectacular. In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines, you shiver when the cold wind blows.

Lobos -5'
St. Mary's -12'
UCLA - STAN 4 pt teaser

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LuvThemDogs

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Yosemite fire falls doesn't happen any longer, thankfully. But there is a phenomena called Horsetail Fire Fall. But it's pretty overrated if you ask me....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Love Them Dogs... thanks for your input....is this the same thing that I was referring to??? Is it different now?? My resources are limited.

LuvThemDogs

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Long ago they used to light logs on fire and send them over the falls. Those were the days of logging in Yosemite, when they nearly destroyed that heavenly place on Earth. So they stopped all that nonsense when they stopped logging.

Now days, there is a very small falls on the North side called Horse Tail Falls. For about one week in February, the setting sun hits it at almost the perfect time and the color of the orange/red sunset, makes the thin fall look like it's on fire. So that has now replaced the original man made fire falls.

LuvThemDogs

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2005
It would be certainly interesting if you were actually Manson. I worked on a story a few years back at the Barker Ranch in the Panamint Mountains at Death Valley National Park. I actually shot some of the last photos of the complex before someone burned it down. You should be quite familiar with the Barker Ranch....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg