Tonites another puck luck canuck

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
(someone asked ... $50 is a unit ... and i wasn't making any mention to my wagers. i suck at record keeping, my account balance determines how i play each night.)

2 units each:
Toronto -0.5 -160
Calgary -0.5 -175
Vancouver -0.5 -115

alright ... and to support the southern muscle.
New Jersey -0.5 -185

in fact ... parlay ... 1.5 units each ...
N.J. Devils ML with Toronto -0.5
N.J. Devils ML with Calgary -0.5
and ...
Toronto -0.5 with Calgary

all things even out and last night was a dog night. fortunately for me (as a player that looks for value in faves) i was unable to play a full card last night due to time constraints.

so tonite i think is a faves play.

good luck to everyone and i suggest we all take notice of the incredible performance of our old pal RobertBIrish over in the hoops forum. he has this software he developed ... see, and ... well, take a look.

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
Well, this will probably be my worst bet of the year.

This Leaf team is getting outplayed by a tired team whose missing their top 3 players.

Leafs can't open up a lead in the first on Hedberg and pack it in. This Pitts team should be tired and their making it look like Toronto was the one who played last night.

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
you got that right, mate.

what a pathetic excuse for a hockey team.
also this crap about their offense.
and about their goaltending.

highest priced tickets in the NHL. makes the ACC the highest priced outhouse in the world.

truth is Toronto is right now no different than Pittsburgh is. Pitts is missing their best line injured, and so is Toronto healthy.

blue is definately NOT Mogilny's color.

[This message has been edited by prospector (edited 11-01-2001).]

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
due to the stink toronto left in pitts. and kudo's to pitts fans and players for their exceptional performances.

adding:
Over 5.5 Mont/Van -105
Over 5.0 Chic/LA -120

1 unit each.

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
Well after Quinn's diatribe that Kaberle is way overpaid he should look in the mirror. I can't believe they want to give Qiunn a new contract, he has shown NOTHING in aquiring players to make this team better. Just some retreads that show nothing in crunch time.
It's a long season and you'll have some bad games that just don't go right, but this team continually show if things go their way their fine, but when the pressure's on their done.
Was a plain stupid to bet 2 units on them as they just beat Pitts. so it's hard to beat a team twice so close together, but man, everything pointed to them and they showed nothing. What a waste of $350., geez!

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
um ...
i think we both saw the same game!

and then wrote exactly the same thing each other did, in different threads, at the SAME TIME!

Quinn needs to shave his eyebrows again ... if he can't see a damn thing, he can't fix it.

that, or he's just plain stunned from a history of too many punches to the melon.

or both.

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
You know I don't understand it.

Quinn and Watters both ripped Kaberle's contract, saying that he really didn't contribute as much as everyone thinks and that he's getting paid way more than he should be. huh ?
Then why did you sign him ??
You make him sit out, then give him way more than he deserves, them rip him publically ??

I don't know how good the Raptors will really be this year, but Grundwald has taken his time and waited to aquire the players he thinks will give this team the best shot to win.
The difference between him and Quinn is he has a vision of what kind of team he want's to build and as you put it exactly Quinn has no plan, just keeps changing every year.

This Leaf team seems to have no direction, no solid foundation, if it wasn't for Joseph I would hate to see how bad this team would be.
What good players has he gotten ?? Sundin and Joseph were already signed. Who's his biggest signings in his what, 3 years, Kristitch and Mogilny, sheesh

[This message has been edited by Centre Ice (edited 11-01-2001).]

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I share your frustration, but of course am not as close to it as you guys obviously are up there. I had a tough time pulling the trigger on them last night due to the juice on laying 1/2 a goal, but did.
frown.gif

One of the announcers mentioned how a couple of coaches commented on how hard PIT had played in PHI the night before. "Harder than a PIT team had played in quite a while," I think was the quote. I thought right then, this one is gonna be a loser. "Our guys thought they were going to be able to cruise all night because the first period probably deceived us," Quinn said. "I'd like to be able to point fingers but we had a lot of cruisers."

Let's get 'em tonight.

Bet on MyBookie