10.HAWAII

dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1 dance1

Jalen45

sikwitit!
Forum Member
Jan 13, 2003
in the northeast
michigan???? what the hell

dude you should just have anothe captain and coke and hit the sack cause that makes no sense at all.

hahaha mich.

your an idiot

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
please name another team who is better than michigan on a neutral field. i didn't think so.

as for hawaii, it was a joke.

i would probably say tennessee belongs at 10 instead.

oldschoolcapper

Forum Member
Jul 3, 2004
Cal # 3?????????
Why not do this.....

1. USC
2. USC.....this way they play themselves in the Orange Bowl and are guaranteed the championship
3. tie between all the teams USC beat
4. everybody else

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
why was this moved to the general discussion forum where it is a ghosttown. dontcha think college football fans would like to discuss this? :bs:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
It's not a college football fan forum, it's a handicapping forum. That's why it was moved.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Hey B., I like your new avatar. Hopefully the Bucks can help the Badgers out next saturday. It would be a great finish to an otherwise horrible season.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I figured I'd try and stir up as much karma as I could. Plus I've always had a soft spot for the Buckeyes and I hate Michigan, so it all works out. Let's hope for a good weekend.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Top 10 Teams

1. USC
2. AUBURN
3. OKLAHOMA
4. CALIFORNIA
5. UTAH
6. Texas
7. MICHIGAN
8. GEORGIA
9. Arizona State
10. Miami-Florida

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
IDENTITY -

Michigan already lost a game against a (6-4) team this season and more importantly they beat San Diego State by a measley field goal AT THE BIG HOUSE. San Diego State has dropped 6 of their last 7 games!

How can you justify ranking them in front of undefeated Jason White and Oklahoma?

:thinking:

Last edited:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
scott:

you were on your way to making your best post of all-time......... and then you blew it by putting arizona state anywhere near the top 10. your 1-8 is just about perfect. but asu showed how outclassed they were against the pac-10 big boys (outscored 72-7 at usc and cal. no excuse for that). you actually made a wise #10 selection on miami, because when they come to play, theyre still damn good. but asu has no business sniffing top 10 and you know it. part of me thinks you threw them in just to incite some people. i took the bait i guess. but they would get ripped by boise, lsu, louisville, and virginia to name four teams off the top of my head ahead of them in the AP poll.

1-8....youre dead on.
10....youre dead on.

but you threw it all away with asu.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
gman2 always enjoy reading your opinion and glad you agree with me on 9/10 selections. I agree you can make argument for ASU not being ranked in the top 10, but you didn't say who you would replace them with. Boise St.? Lousiville? LSU? Wiscy?

Let me tell you why I have ASU ranked #9. (not just to get posters excited :D )

ASU is 9-2 with their 2 losses coming against #4 ranked CAL @CAL and against #1 ranked USC @ USC. That is pretty tough if you ask me! I think USC would prob. have at least 1 loss if USC had to travel to play @CAL and @OU. You could argue that 6 of the top 10 teams in the country would lose to both USC and CAL this season on the road.

ASU has some impressive wins in OOC play. ASU played at the time #11 ranked Iowa and beat them 44-7. Iowa is currently a top 3 team in the Big 10 AND ranked #17 nationally. ASU also beat current top 25 ranked UTEP 41-9 to open the season and then went on to play @Northwestern and won. NU is a decent Big 10 team this year. That is an impressive OOC record and results!

ASU currently has a SOS ranked #2 nationally according to Jeff Sagarin. Here is how he calculates SOS and it seems fair and logical to me.

"The SCHEDULE ratings represent the average schedule difficulty faced by each team in the games that it's played so far. The schedule
difficulty of a given game takes into account the rating of the opponent and the location of the game."

That all said, you are not impressed enough with ASU to rank them #9 nationally? Their only 2 losses have been against 2 top 5 nationally ranked opponents and were both AWAY games. ASU also played in impressive OOC schedule and passed the test with flying colors. A #2 SOS should be rewarded IMO.

Lastly, ASU was completely blown out by USC, but they did hang in their against CAL to some extent. So your numbers of how ASU was outscored is somewhat misleading in my opinion.

So gman2, did I convince you to rank ASU #9 nationally? Or did I at least get you to respect ASU a little more?

but they [ASU] would get ripped by boise, lsu, louisville, and virginia to name four teams off the top of my head ahead of them in the AP poll.

LSU, Louisville, and UVA would not rip ASU. Boise on the road would lose to ASU, but ASU (like any team) might/would struggle @Boise.

On a neutral field I think ASU would beat Boise and Louisville. ASU against LSU and UVA would be great games with either team winning. I don't see much of an argument you could make with LSU or UVA being more impressive than ASU and we all know that ASU has been much more tested! UVA and LSU would both get smoked by USC and CAL.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
scott:

you typed about 1,000 words.

ill type about 10:

top 10 teams dont lose to ANYONE 42-7 and 30-0.

this is where you need to get off sagarin. i dont care about their SOS. top 25? maybe. elite teams dont get manhandled by ANYONE.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
I kinda have to agree with Scott on this one. Besides, Scott always backs up his shit with logic. It's not like he typed a bunch of words just for the hell of it. He made solid points if you'd only take the time to read it.

Gman I can name dozens of occasions when a #9 or #10 team has lost big against a team ranked #1 thru #5....
.....doesn't mean you're not worthy of being ranked #10

DR STRANGELOVE

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Scott4USC said:
gman2 always enjoy reading your opinion and glad you agree with me on 9/10 selections. I agree you can make argument for ASU not being ranked in the top 10, but you didn't say who you would replace them with. Boise St.? Lousiville? LSU? Wiscy?

Let me tell you why I have ASU ranked #9. (not just to get posters excited :D )

ASU is 9-2 with their 2 losses coming against #4 ranked CAL @CAL and against #1 ranked USC @ USC. That is pretty tough if you ask me! I think USC would prob. have at least 1 loss if USC had to travel to play @CAL and @OU. You could argue that 6 of the top 10 teams in the country would lose to both USC and CAL this season on the road.

ASU has some impressive wins in OOC play. ASU played at the time #11 ranked Iowa and beat them 44-7. Iowa is currently a top 3 team in the Big 10 AND ranked #17 nationally. ASU also beat current top 25 ranked UTEP 41-9 to open the season and then went on to play @Northwestern and won. NU is a decent Big 10 team this year. That is an impressive OOC record and results!

ASU currently has a SOS ranked #2 nationally according to Jeff Sagarin. Here is how he calculates SOS and it seems fair and logical to me.

That all said, you are not impressed enough with ASU to rank them #9 nationally? Their only 2 losses have been against 2 top 5 nationally ranked opponents and were both AWAY games. ASU also played in impressive OOC schedule and passed the test with flying colors. A #2 SOS should be rewarded IMO.

Lastly, ASU was completely blown out by USC, but they did hang in their against CAL to some extent. So your numbers of how ASU was outscored is somewhat misleading in my opinion.

So gman2, did I convince you to rank ASU #9 nationally? Or did I at least get you to respect ASU a little more?

LSU, Louisville, and UVA would not rip ASU. Boise on the road would lose to ASU, but ASU (like any team) might/would struggle @Boise.

On a neutral field I think ASU would beat Boise and Louisville. ASU against LSU and UVA would be great games with either team winning. I don't see much of an argument you could make with LSU or UVA being more impressive than ASU and we all know that ASU has been much more tested! UVA and LSU would both get smoked by USC and CAL.

clap.gif

Bet on MyBookie