Toronto vs Nyisl

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
I?m doing a game writhe up on Toronto ?cose I just can get an old on this team. Each time they find a way to get out of a system play and that gets on my nerves. In no means this is a way to get a confirmation on a strong play and what ever the conclusion may be?.play it safe.

After starting strong on the "under" NYI is looking more and more at the over side.
May be I am wrong but this looks like a coach who started the year very concern about defensive play, knowing he had the offensive tools anyways, and who is now saying, well we are winning scoring goals; just have fun guys.

On the other side the Toronto (which team will show up) maple leaf
The way i read the "who will show up team" is that they play on offense when they are going against a bad goaly or bad deff team and they are defensive minded when playing against a good one. Identity problem, I don?t know and I have no numbers to back just my read on this team only.

Interesting stats to take note of:
Toronto, when scoring 3 goals are (4-1), when scoring 5 goals are (1-0) and when scoring 6 or more 2-0. Toronto scoring 3 goals or more is 7-1. NYISL is giving more than 3 goals in less than 39% of the games, but did so in 5 of last 7 which is a let downSo, toronto is winning those games 3 goals or more games but new York is not allowing opponents to score that many goals except in recent meetings. On the other hand when toronto is scoring 2 or less goals they have 1win-7loss. NYISL, this year, is giving two goals or less in 61% of its game.
On the NYISL side, they have win 11 in 12 when scoring 3 goals or more; we are looking at a 91% average.

Offense has been down a little bit lately (2.4), although they average ?3.00 goal for? on the year. .Captain Michael Peca was concerned during the team's slide that players were deferring too much to Yashin and waiting for him to make something happen.

Toronto gives 3 goals or more in only 27% of the games, and whit Cujo Olympic oriented state of mind looks for this stats to continue ion the coming weeks and in this game.

Cujo didn't start in last meeting so he should be focus in this one, but i have to mention that has an underdog is save percentage is .878, being 2-3-1. He has been good in last 8 outing G.A.A is 1.60. Overall Toronto on the road is 2?o?-6?u?

NYISL is in a bad spot when they score 2 goals or less in a game; they are 2 win and 4 loss in that position.
. Osgood is receiving bravo from everywhere but the guy only average .867, he is winning the games or is the offense winning it for him.

Spirits are up again around the Nyils team following Monday's, which ended a five-game winless streak and capped a rough five-game road trip. The Islanders finished the trip 1-3-1. They won against Dallas and Colorado wich are both struggling lately.

A positive new player arrival is always good for a team and Lumme was wearing a wide smile when he arrived at a Long Island hotel just before the dinner hour yesterday. Interesting note Lumme's wife, Minna, wasn't hot on the idea of her husband continuing his NHL career in the U.S. Her fear of flying was exacerbated with the Sept. 11

This one is not a system play, there will be other easier than this one on the board but if you want to give it a shut i would take the under and leaning towards Toronto, something like 2-1.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Well the under came thru but not toronto.
Could be better but close enough.

I'm a little bit desapoited on the response i'm getting on these post.I've try to post some work wanting to see if i could get an added valu by posting.not really or so few.
I'm i helping the others in here; maybe not as i should, or maybe i should think again how i'm doing my caping.
Maybe if a contest was involved the respond would be better or maybe i'm just kidding myself that people are reading this stuff.
Shure you guys want winners but to share info is the start of everything.
If you guys want people like sam to keep contributing you might want to get involved more. Saying nice sam or way to go sam is not helping the forum.
Come on P.O.D posters get out and give us your best, you might not win a tee shirt but you will earn my respect
Just a comment, take it if you want it to... leave it if not.
smile.gif

Sam

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
Frogy, i think you do a great job with your write ups. It has just so happened that there are certain games i look at during a night and autmatically eliminate from the board, and these have been the ones your posting about. Hense the non comments. You are doing a good job, just hope that in the future some of the ones you write up about are ones i am considering playing.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Sam, of course i was not pointing you out.

I'm just find it strange that there are so many people posting under P.O.D . Mr mo is doing one fine job and thats part of the success but i would like some of those people to come out and get more involved,
Dont get me wrong, this place is better than last year and is getting better every day but when you receive from others you must find a way to give back.Then again thats me and maybe its not the way i should think.

Then again i did some bad moves tonight and probably a bit of frustration in my comments.
Things are going good but i was expecting better.....

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Frogy,

All of us hope things would be better when it comes to capping. You do a solid job and I read your info every day. This is the best sport on the forum, no trash talking and most of all no animosity towards on another. I am on the College Football Forum quite often and the stuff that gets said over there can get quite personal, I am glad this section is so great with so many great cappers.

Cheers to everyone on their picks in the Penalty Box!
Keep up the solid work!

HORNS

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Frogy, I think your write ups are quite helpful and informative. I read every post in this forum, and your input is appreciated. Hope you do not chose to stop posting them.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Of course i wont stop.
The point i was triing to make is that i would like the people only posting in the P.O.D to contribute just a little bit in the various topics open in here. It takes a couple of min but everyone as a bit of info or a least can support the ones who are putting the topics in.
the bigger the team the bigge the success.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I agree completely. Merely posting bets and records does not do much, but to each their own. Keep up the good work, Frogy. Good luck.

Bet on MyBookie