TorVig: Devils revenge on Sat nite

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
As I was analyzing tonight's Mtl/Col game, I noticed that Mtl has to fly out immediately tonight from Columbus to play NJ at home tomorrow.

We underestimated the Isles last nite just cuz they were playing b2b. The Habs are hot as well, but not as hot as Isles.

Brodeur played poorly last nite and hopefully he bounces back. If he's got any pride at all, he'll stand on his head after getting trounced for 12 goals in his first 2 outings. Gotta prove he's worth that $8M/yr

Definite play for me, provided line is within reason. Hopefully Mtl beats Blue Jackets tonight giving us some value on Sat's game.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Originally posted by infinii:

If he's got any pride at all, he'll stand on his head after getting trounced for 12 goals in his first 2 outings. Gotta prove he's worth that $8M/yr

This is one of the main reasons I backed them last night, thinking that after the pounding he and whole team took at WASH they would be properly motivated to take their frustrations out on NY. Well we know what happened. With the whole team looking less than impressive in the 1st 2 and Broduer giving up 10 goals in 5 periods since he signed his deal, I think I am going to see how they do the next few games before I take them again at any price. I know you did not ask me specifically, but I wanted to add my .02.

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
sportsjunkie,

your opinion is always welcome. =)

i think you have to give the Isles a bit more credit though. they have alot of new players who seem have have made a very positive impact. true, brodeur let them down last nite but at the same time, the isles fought hard to regain the lead several times.

i just think that brodeur gets a nice game against the low offense habs on sat. good situation for him to play a low key game and let the stars on devil offense win this.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I would agree that NY did more to win that game than NJ did to lose it if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, NJ Sat. is probably a solid choice, but since that game turned out completely the opposite of the way I expected I am going to wait before I jump on them again.

Bet on MyBookie