totals and heat at Arlington

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
I'm going to follow up on my previous post now so that more people might catch this before the all star break.
2-1 for the weekend. Now 15-5 over the 3 years.
We keep talking about this, it keeps working, and those of you interested in looking at this may want to do it after the break.
Whenever the heat index is around 104 (heat and humidity), it has been a very solid play to the over. Doesn't matter the pitchers, home plate umps, etc. etc. The more miserable the heat, the better chance for the over. Also, it seems to be better if you don't have the wind kicking up like it did on Friday. Those 16mph winds kind of worked against the over. The more humid and still the conditions, the better.
You can use the weather sites to find current conditions for Arlington, tx. during the next month. August is going to be your best chance for these conditions.
I will continue to track this, but, I'm posting this so that you will start to watch for the situation..
rayb

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
IO:

Yes, I did see your post earlier. Always enjoy your contributions.
I posted on Friday for the series and I think we started talking about this 5 years ago. Three years ago, we started to put numbers behind it.
Ken White and the boys at LVSC put numbers on the parks. 10 1/2 is their "starting" number for Arlington.
My contention is that during this time of the year with the right conditions, LVSC's number is not representitive of what the total should probably be. I have no idea what it should be, but, I am afraid that as this keeps going we will begin to see 12 and 12 1/2 in the future. rb

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
You also may want to look into the same numbers in the heat for home games for the White Sox. That park plays very small in the heat as well.

bej0101

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Uranus
I'm going to follow up on my previous post now so that more people might catch this before the all star break.
2-1 for the weekend. Now 15-5 over the 3 years.
We keep talking about this, it keeps working, and those of you interested in looking at this may want to do it after the break.
Whenever the heat index is around 104 (heat and humidity), it has been a very solid play to the over. Doesn't matter the pitchers, home plate umps, etc. etc. The more miserable the heat, the better chance for the over. Also, it seems to be better if you don't have the wind kicking up like it did on Friday. Those 16mph winds kind of worked against the over. The more humid and still the conditions, the better.
You can use the weather sites to find current conditions for Arlington, tx. during the next month. August is going to be your best chance for these conditions.
I will continue to track this, but, I'm posting this so that you will start to watch for the situation..
rayb

thanks for the info..does this work in all outdoor parks or just arlington?

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
BEJ:

I live here in the Dallas area so of course I pay more attention to the club and park here.
IO was talking about U.S. Cellular during the summer, and I would imagine that a park like that might also be interesting to track.
I only know that when the middle of the summer gets here along with the higher humidity numbers, it impacts the run totals no matter who is pitching, behind the plate, or in the opposing dugout.
I may take some time though and look at a few of the other parks over the years. August would be an interesting month to track some of the outdoor stadiums to see if the heat/humidity numbers have any impact on run totals. I am sure more capable people have done this, but, I still may take a little time and look at it during the break. I mean what else is there to do? WNBA, no thanks... I'll look at some stats and some of these football logs for next year.....
take care....rayb

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg