Tracking new system

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
I hate using the word "system" in handicapping but it's the only word that came to my pea brain!!

At the beginning of the NHL season I asked IE for last years gm results, which he kindly supplied for me(like he always does).

I've finally put together some picks over the last 8 days or so and have been playing them very small to test the results.

For the sake of my lack of math skills, I'll use $ 100 per play.

Day 1 + 785
? 2 + 200
? 3 + 275
? 4 + 1040
? 5 + 395
? 6 + 235
? 7 + 315
? 8 + 145(LN)

That's + 3390 in 8 days that I've been tracking this.

I'm going to attempt to post the picks everyday(weekends are tough) and let's see how good or bad they are.

If you check the NHL leader board on the consensus picks that jack has provided for us, I'm in first place(NOT BRAGGING WHATSOEVER) since using my"System"

I lurk on this forum just about everyday and this is as good as it gets(stag,Sam,chenker, horns, TV, Time to make $$, Tiger etc, please don't be offended if I left you out)

I would also invite everyone to the NBA forum where JT Sneaks is the man(I suck @ capping the NBA) but I like to win, so you might want to check him out.

Feed back is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Sam, with no disrepect intended, not @ this time. I'll post my results each day, if my fellow cappers would like to follow or fade then feel free to do so.

Thanks Sam for your response.( I play your picks often
biggrin.gif

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Here goes, I get my lines from Olympic.

NYI + 1.55
Pitt + 1.90
Columbus + 170
Atlanta + 1.80
Nashville + 1.35
Calgary Even
Anaheim + 1.85
LA + 1.30
Tor even

More dogs than normal, Oh well

Totals

U 5.5 -1.30 NYI/PHI
U 6.5 -1.20 Atl/Wash
O 5.5 -1.05 Tor/NYR
U 5 Even Cal/SJ
O 5 -1.20 Ana/Van
O 5 even La/StL

GL

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Mugs, every gm but not every total.

Might want to sit back & see if this is just a lucky streak or something more.

B's are only 2 players away from a shot to win it all.. Another scorer, defensemen.

What do you think?

GL

the mugs

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Cranston, RI, USA
Skulldog,

Truthfully, I like how they have played this year. It's been a while since the home record has been as dominant as it is. Having said that, I've been jaded by the Allison trade.

I think after they loose in the first round again, O'Connell will look directly into the cameras and say something like "We just needed one of those "next level type players" to get us over the hump."

Then, I will feel my brain explode. If they don't make the trade, O'Connell's excuse would be that they didn't have the depth. Jeremy has got us Bruin fans by the short and curlys...But we keep going back for more. I keep hoping that I'm wrong and they make a run like '88, '90-'92 when they lost in the Finals & Conf. Finals.

I hope I don't bring you down with my observations

Jim

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
My thoughts exactly!! That cheap SOB jacobs makes serious jack every year and doesn't put it back into the team period!!!

We better hope Jacobs doesn't buy the sox, because if he does, we are screwed.(I'm moving if he does)

Gl tonight

Tom

the mugs

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Cranston, RI, USA
We are getting off of your original subject but how many games have you been to this year?

For me, none. I got married on Sept 1 and all of last year we were doing some hard core savings. So that meant less games than usual. I ageraged 23-25 games a year from '91-'92 until '99-00. But last year, it was a total of 2, one was a freebie and the other was the Bourque returning, Avalanche game. Last year was tough going cold turkey but this year, I haven't missed it yet.

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Mugs, I can't say I'm a huge hockey guy!! If I get to 1 a year, that's enough, prices and a 45 minute drive, I'll watch it on the tube. I'm just starting to bet hockey because it's alot like baseball and I think there is alot of $$ to be made in it.

Congrats on getting on your marriage, I got married(for the 2nd time) in June of 2000 and have a baby coming the end of may.

If my new "system" doesn't work then I'll piggyback on the excellent cappers on this site(it's all about winning the $$$ not pride)

GL

Sam

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
Congrats on the baby, but hockey alot like baseball ????

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Thanks Sam. Money line betting is the comparison, as well the option of taking/giving runs/pucks, I didn't mean in the way you cap the gms.

Sorry for the confusion.

GL

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
SKULLDOG

I'll be following your post,

Your system sure looks interesting,(triing to soften you here to get more info on it.)

HAVE FUN

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
NYI + 1.55 W
Pitt + 1.90 W
Columbus + 170 L
Atlanta + 1.80 P
Nashville + 1.35 W
Calgary Even L
Anaheim + 1.85 L