Travel Suggestions

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
Hey guys- looking for some suggestions. I've been layed off of work for the next 7 weeks. I have plans and things to do for the next 3 weeks but then I have all of April open. I'm interested in doing some travelling (all driving though because I have a wife, 1 year old and 2 dogs that will be coming with). I live in Central Florida and have a desire to go out to Colorado- no where in specific, just never been there. I will most likely head to Chicago afterward also, and then back to cental Florida. I'd like to make stops in a couple cities on the way and stay a couple days in each of those cities but I don't know where yet.

If you had this sort of time frame, remembering it need to be more young family oriented, where would you go? Or have you already been and can make a recommendation to me.

I'm not worried about taking the dogs with me as there are now plenty of hotels and B&B that allow pets. The dogs have also been with me on long drives before so that won't be a problem. The baby is very good in social situations and I have never had to remove myself from somewhere becasue of a fit that she threw.

dickiesports

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2006
mick

mick

just drove from miami to atlanta to charleston then back to jacksonville then orlando and miami.

I have a 6 month old and 3 yr old. I can tell you first hand plan on stopping every 2-3 hours MAX with that 1 yr old. I found travelling in the AM and getting somewhere by 4pm was the best regardless of how far we travelled. Day 1 the little one was great till dinner then no way he wanted back in his seat. good luck.....all i can tell you is if you make the drive drive 10 w there are so many nice stops along the way to colorado cause driving back in the middle of the country is the most boring drive i have ever made...drove LA to NJ.