Trend or coincidence... you decide

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Since last year, The Rangers are unbeaten (6-0-1) at MDS on a 1 day rest and hosting a team that played on the previous day. Avg GF in the sequence: 3.57 .. GA: 1.86. However the record falls down (in terms of %) to 9-6-2 over the last 2 years (GF:3.12 GA:2.82)

I'm not gonna try to explain this... Just wanted to let you know.

2 thing though:

1 - Dallas played in NY (Islanders) yesterday so they didn't move from the city.. and...
2 - It was an afternoon game

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
I just love when you come up whit those stats and numbers. Looks like you did your homework on NYR.
TX for sharing this whit us
If they win then the over might look good!!!

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
all i can say is i have never seen such a horrible team already score 4 goals in a game while being completely dominated. good luck katts, hope i can get some lotto numbers from ya.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Frogy - you said it - NY and the OVER
smile.gif

Wigs - all I can say is that the Rangers took advantage of some solid goaltending from Richter. Lucky? Yeah, maybe a bit. Actually there's some luck involved in any event. But the point is, when a goalie is hot, the # of SOGs doesn't matter a bit. All about the quality of the shots (shooting %). You just have to look at what happened in the playoffs in the last decade to figure this out (Washington & Kolzig, New Jersey & Brodeur, Colorado & Roy, Toronto & Joseph, San Jose & Irbe, Dallas & Belfour, Buffalo & Hasek...) If the Stars want to open the ice - something they're - oh - so used to do - well then they can't expect to win many games short time speaking. You don't successfully switch from D-hockey to O-hockey just like that in a couple of days. Now if Eddie Belfour enjoys NY's life too much that's another problem.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
dallas flat out handed ny that game. i agree katts, if they are going to run and gun now then this is bound to happen with stiffs like hatcher handling the puck in riskier situations. and belfour always seems to struggle when he faces very few shots. maybe it was the ny life, a couple of those goals were soft i agree, but when the only shot you see for 5 minutes is point blank, it's got to be tough to stack the pads. i imagine that happens to many goalies that face few shots but i watch many more dallas games, so i try to speak only from what i have seen. should be interesting to see how hitchcock will react since many players before this game were still upbeat since they had taken 2 pts against the wings and got 1 from the isles, the top teams in each conference. keep up the good work, wasnt trying to rip your pick, just commenting on what i had seen through two periods. ny looked very weak(again) for most of the first and second periods, constantly getting out of position. i probably wont post many picks but will always try to put up any info i come across that will be useful and look forward to your posts!keep up the good work, au revior.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 10-29-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie