Trial and error

Mizuno MP37

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2006
As I have mentioned this is my first year in trying to develop a NCAA bball spreadsheet. I have realized it is a lot harder than football. BBall is so much more variable. A hot shooter can completely affect a game and a comfortable lead can be eliminated quickly. I don't know if using pure numbers is the way to go, but I will keep trying. I am stubborn and am convinced I can generate some weird combination of data that will work (hopefully). :idea:

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
I have realized it is a lot harder than football. BBall is so much more variable.

You think a hot shooter that pours in 25 is more detrimental than your team fumbling deep in their own territory? I think your rationalization is off. Hot shooters can make a big impact, but not the way turnovers kill you in football. You are more comfortable with football, but that doesn't mean it is easier. Just my two cents.

Sam Bone

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
Auburn, AL
You think a hot shooter that pours in 25 is more detrimental than your team fumbling deep in their own territory? I think your rationalization is off. Hot shooters can make a big impact, but not the way turnovers kill you in football. You are more comfortable with football, but that doesn't mean it is easier. Just my two cents.
Good point gmroz22. I hate it when I have a cover and someone returns an intersection for a 90+ yard touchdown in the final two minutes of a game to ruin it. Happened to me twice this past season. It's not easy capping any sport, but some people are better at one then another.

GL Godin in basketball. Hope to see some of your picks next year in football.

Mizuno MP37

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2006
Based upon my records in football and basketball, football is definitely easier.

Plus, turnovers do not necessarily kill you in football.

Also it seems that there are a lot more occassions where a heavily favored team in bball gets blown out than in fball.

Sam Bone

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
Auburn, AL
Based upon my records in football and basketball, football is definitely easier.

Plus, turnovers do not necessarily kill you in football.

Also it seems that there are a lot more occassions where a heavily favored team in bball gets blown out than in fball.
I don't know were you are getting this BS about blowouts. Take a look at Ohio State getting blown out by Florida. What do you consider a heavy favorite anyway? I once thought football was easier than basketball, but I was all wrong. There is no easier in my opionion. It may be easier to compile game data if you are that kind of capper because of fewer games, but you can never convince me that it is easier to pick a winner in one sport than it is in another.

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
I don't know how many times this year I had a winner late in the 4th quarter only to get beat by a stupid play or meaningless field goal. I agree with the rest I never found one sport easier to pick than another.

Bet on MyBookie