Tribe, Brewers, As, Reds, Royals (1st five)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Season-7-8 +$1135

Good day yesterday with Nats, Marlines, Pads and 1st 5 innings on Chisox

Today I like a couple of dogs that will stink to most folks. Tribe going up against the Tiger ace prohitive dog at +180...think Clev starter also their ace although obviously not quite as strong..but think both these starters will shut the other team down...don't think Tigers get the sweep in this one and Tribe squeaks out a 3-2 type of win with their pen...Tribe young and pretty unknown team..hitting about equal in this one...I'll take the long odds for $200.

Also, similar game with Brewers going up against the Cards ace...Carpenter is solid, no doubt..but he's not going to go more than 6 or 7 max...and it's early and on the road...Brewers not a great club but they have some solid hitting..so far Cards have had their number, but don't think they get the sweep..Brewers +140 for $200.

Reds -117 for $250...Cubs starter pretty lousy in my opinion...don't know much about the Reds starter..these two teams pretty even in talent..like the home team to avoid the sweep...

Royals +110 1st 5 innings with Meche being the reason..he's a very solid pitcher with good stuff...typically he has trouble after 5 innings..Bosox starter also solid...think we'll see a Royal 1 run lead after 5; play for $150..

And like the As over Angels..Braden real solid starter....As the better team talent wise right now...Saunders OK starter but As I think will get to him...As +130 for $300

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Adding Pirates +180 and Nats + 1 1/2 +105,Os-115 and over 7 in Giant/Atlanta

Adding Pirates +180 and Nats + 1 1/2 +105,Os-115 and over 7 in Giant/Atlanta

Pirate starter Mccuthen is one of those supposed phenons that never panned out..in this case, he had trouble becoming a pitcher versus thrower...but he does have good stuff..and I'll take my changes on talent here with a team that seems to be clicking..Jackson also good starter for Ariz..but starters are really pretty equal I think..and I'll take the hotter team for $200.

I'll take the Nats + 1 1/2 +105 over Mets...Santana had great start last time out..don't think he repeats...Nats are scrappy...equal to Mets on the field...Reyes looks like he's never played before so his return is no big deal yet...Zimmerman out but he looks off anyway...Dunn needs to come out...think the Nats get 3-4 in this one to keep it close..Livian is usually real bad or real good..think he's on today...Nats could win this one but I'll take the = 1 1/2 for $150

And like the over 7 in Atlanta/Giants...don't like the Atlanta starter much...he'll get hit around for 4-5 I think...then the question is can Atlanta get any? Giant starter has been totally dominate so far..but 3 shutout like games in a row to start the season? I'll bet against it and Atlanta gets to him for 2-3..like the over 7 for $200

And I'll play the unpopular Os -115 for $200...home team to avoid sweep is one reason..but more important, Os starter looked good the other night...veteran starter will keep the good Jays bats off stride...Marcum good..Os bats are cold right now..but think they come out fo hiding and they hold on with their lousy pen...for $200