Truck problem help

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

vinnyhockey

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2003
Newfoundland, Canada
I have a 1995 Jeep yj.

Turn the key and get a click click click sound. Got a new battery last night for the truck and It would turn over.

Went to get gass this morning and turned the key same sound. Had to get it boosted.

I do not have a clue about cars!

Any help!

Vinny

Redfish

Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
El Dora, Fla
Not a mechanic but could be one of the following

1. bad cables

2. bad selonoid

3. bad starter

4. bad altenator

Most auto part stores can hook up an electronic tester and identify the problem for you...should be a no charge....GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bogdog

Forum Member
Mar 31, 2006

1. bad cables

2. bad selonoid

3. bad starter

4. bad altenator

Most auto part stores can hook up an electronic tester and identify the problem for you...should be a no charge....GL

3. Bad Starter, get a hammer.

lucidscreams02

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2006
Definately a bad starter. It will run you anywhere from $250 to $500 to get replaced, do it yourself if you can, easy as hell

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bogdog

Forum Member
Mar 31, 2006
Cables huh, how/who came to that conclusion... the only reason I ask is if the starter is the root of the problem you might be stranded next week!!! To me that sounds like the starter is throwing out but not spining. Good luck. Keep a hammer in your car ;)

P FLAPS

Forum Member
Oct 21, 2002
western MA
Cables huh, how/who came to that conclusion... the only reason I ask is if the starter is the root of the problem you might be stranded next week!!! To me that sounds like the starter is throwing out but not spining. Good luck. Keep a hammer in your car ;)
I agree 100%. If it happens again , tap on the starter with a hammer or any piece of metal. Should start after that. Only a temperary solution though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar

1. bad cables

2. bad selonoid

3. bad starter

4. bad altenator

You sure about the cables?
I've owned about 30 cars and have had each of these faults. It could be any of them but you said it starts with a new battery/boost. I would guess the alternator is not charging (loose belt maybe). Once a car starts, the alternator takes over....you can actually take the battery out while it runs. But if it is not working properly, then your car runs off the battery until it is drained. A boost gives it more juice to start and run until it drains again.