Tues. action...Drake, San Diego St.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
741/742 San Diego St. (-1.5) @ Wyoming

F Kyle Spain is out again, for the Aztecs (violation of team rules) and San Diego St. has lost 3 in a row for the first time in almost 3 years. Normally I?d stay away here as San Diego is in Laramie and the Cowboys might have revenge on their minds after the 70-43 drubbing they got last time these two teams met.

Kyle was taking almost 29% of the teams shots and his absence was sorely missed the past couple of games (both losses), but they have had some valuable practice sessions recently and it showed in their last game against Utah. Freshman guard D.J. Gay who averaged only 4.3 pts. Per game scored 21 and Matt Thomas who averages 1.5 pts. Per game scored 10. Both of these players will feel more comfortable in the lineup and will start tonight.

I think Vegas is giving us a break today as they make the Aztecs a 1.5 pt. road favorite. San Diego was a 12 pt favorite last month in San Diego and beat this team by 27 pts. I can?t pass up this small number. San Diego is better offensively and defensively and my math model shows the Aztecs to prevail in this contest by 6.

1*..San Diego ?1.5

737/738 Bradley @ Drake (-7)

Drakes? Andrew Young is a game time decision (sprained ankle) tonight as Bradley ventures into Knapp center, but Bradley is without their Soph. Guard Andrew Warren who is definitely out with a broken hand. Warren scored 21 pts in the last meeting and is the 3rd leading scorer and is 81% from the line for the Braves.

Drake is on a 17-game home winning streak?.they?re 23-2 overall, and the linesmakers cannot seem to catch up to them as they are a incredible 16-4 against the number. I have Drake ranked #8 in the Nation in offensive efficiency vs. Bradley #119 defensively. My model has Drake by 12. I?d make this a double play, except Drake just clinched the MVC title last game and this may be a flat spot for them?..that coupled with the uncertainty of Warren, makes this a small lay. I missed the 6.5 opening line, but I feel comfortable laying the 7.

1* Drake (-7)

Last edited: