Tuesday BG/Miami game

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

justwinbaby

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2004
From what ive read there is severe storms tonite and 25-30 mph winds maybe some hail,anyone from the area???

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Weather

Weather

I think the report is correct; it's nasty out right now and is expected to get worse. Jacobs is probable.
Best Wishes
Devil Dog

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kono22

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Ohio
Tonight's forecast is for strong to severe T-storms, with heavy rain and strong winds. Should affect Miami before Akron, but both games may be wet.

Statman02

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2000
local news (Dayton) is being dominated by the weather report.......heavy storms....tornadoes etc...looks like an all night thing.....radar shows a huge storm system coming in from Indiana........should be here around gametime

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

justwinbaby

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2004
may not be severe at the start but i think we will have the winds, under is it!...Im taking Miami to get it done by 14 tonite and Ohio to zap the zits

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I don't know why there is this perception that the bad weather will automatically translate into an under. Bad weather also can = lots of turnovers, which may lead to lots of points. In addition, if the wind is that bad the coaches may abandon field goals altogether and just go for TDs, which would also be good for the over. Finally, you have a lot more potential for a defender to slip and leave a WR wide open. Remember, a WR can slip 10 times and it doesn't matter, but the DB falls down once and it's 6.

I am by no means endorsing the over; just saying that the statement that bad weather=under is not that great of an angle.

Personally, I'm going with the team that can run the ball and defend the run better, which is Miami.
How about a 35 - 3 Miami victory and then we're all happy? :)

GL All!

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
I've watched teams play in snow and rain and still put up a ton of points....

The biggest factor in my opinion is the wind....you get a strong wind tossing the football around....if you can't pass the ball then you're stuck grinding it out on the ground and at best short passes where the defenders smother the receiver right when he catches the ball....

The replays of that Niner/Bears debacle shows the effect wind can have.....field goals become a task too.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Rcxslam

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2004
nyc
whats the weather supposed to be like at the new gametime at 9pm? anyone know?